Mowing 62D mower adjustment

/ 62D mower adjustment #1  

Dale1995

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320
I have a 62D mid-mount mower and it does a great job mowing, but I am not sure how to adjust the front and rear wheels. Where ever I mow there seems to be 2 lines where the wheels have rolled a groove in the lawn. It has rained her alot...but I'm just not sure how this should be adjusted. And i'm not sure my JD dealer set it up properely either. I looked at the manuels, but its still not clear. Does the front and rear guage wheels have to have the same amout of holes exposed? Should these wheels even be touching the lawn? Any help out there would be greatly appreciated. I do have the latest version of the wheels with grease fittings.

/ 62D mower adjustment #2  
On a flat lawn they shouldn't be touching the ground at all, they're there to help the deck over obstacles not to support the weight of the deck. I just adjusted them up until I stopped seeing them leaving marks but not so much that the blades start scalping the lawn over bumps. I think mine are pretty close to the level of the bottom of the mower deck, perhaps a bit higher.

Also, are your wheels rounded or fairly square at the edges? If they're rounded you've got the latest wheels which should be better about leaving marks on the lawn. Mine are still the old style but they work fine for the most part.

All four of mine are at the same height.

/ 62D mower adjustment
mine are the rounded type...mine are set so they are rolling when I mow the lawn....I guess I better move them up. Thanks for the help