Tips on CCM top link install on 3720 cab.

/ Tips on CCM top link install on 3720 cab. #1  

nmu98

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5203, JD 3720, JD 4110, JD 445, IH 1586, IH 886, IH 404......
After searching, reading, and more reading I have the CCM Toplink. I will be paining it tonight and putting it on Saturday. In reading i remember a lot of people smashed thiers and said they had issues with them but were self induced from the way they installed it?

So did everyone install it with the hoses up or down? Seems like a very simple install, I just dont and to miss something and ruin it......:D

/ Tips on CCM top link install on 3720 cab. #2  
My gannon top link comes out the side on my JD 3720 with cab. For you, use the top instead of the bottom. Mine come out the side to a 90 degree fitting then the hose. Coming out the top won't require any fittings unless you need and adapter. Both of my 3/8" hoses are 24" in length. You should be good with the same length out the top. 18" will probably be too short. You need enough hose so the link can go as low as needed without pulling on the coupler or stressing the hose. Not so much that it is too long and catches on something.

/ Tips on CCM top link install on 3720 cab. #3  
I also have found that on my cramped 2520 it helps to install the piston side to the tractor. Problem is that some equipment I need to reverse this because the cylinder side is thick - this shouldn't be an issue with iMatch since you've got a fixed mounting point on either end. My recommendation is that the first time you install it on a piece of equipment you should run the 3PH though a full cycle very slowly to see if anything comes close to hitting and to see if your hoses are dressed well enough to prevent snags.

/ Tips on CCM top link install on 3720 cab.
Well, its done. Went pretty easy except that the CCM connections on the top link leaked bad when used. After it was painted I had to tighten everything up. My first sugestion is to tighten the banjo bolts on the top link when you get it. I got a full turn on one of them.

Make sure you use a good sealer when putting this stuff together. I fould in my case that the 30 inch lines are too long. They work, but could be cut down to 16.

I don't know how I lived without this on my small tractors. I can lift the rotary cutter without adjusting the 3 point height. nice for missing rocks and transport.

The 21 to 32 is a little long, but its perfect for the short side. Much more and the I match would contact the read fenders.

I also removed the fatory center link holder i am pointing at in pic 3. Just remove (2) 13mm bolts.

Attachments

• IMG_0861.JPG
    IMG_0861.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_0862.JPG
    IMG_0862.JPG
    305.4 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_0863.JPG
    IMG_0863.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_0864.JPG
    IMG_0864.JPG
    335.9 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_0865.JPG
    IMG_0865.JPG
    334.8 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_0866.JPG
    IMG_0866.JPG
    280.1 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0867.JPG
    IMG_0867.JPG
    304.5 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_0869.JPG
    IMG_0869.JPG
    315.4 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_0871.JPG
    IMG_0871.JPG
    306.1 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_0872.JPG
    IMG_0872.JPG
    299.6 KB · Views: 500
  • IMG_0873.JPG
    IMG_0873.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_0874.JPG
    IMG_0874.JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 367
   / Tips on CCM top link install on 3720 cab. #5  
Looks quite good, thanks for the pics and info.

/ Tips on CCM top link install on 3720 cab. #6  
I turned the check valve to the side so my hoses come in from the side. Also I noticed the cylinder against the pto safety cover when using my boxblade so I removed the cover. I still need to paint it, and that black looks good. JC

I have been considering moving the check valve. I have had a lot of little leaks and finally have them all done. I would put 90's on the top also. I also have the link in the middle or top place.

/ Tips on CCM top link install on 3720 cab. #8  
nmu98 said:
I have been considering moving the check valve. I have had a lot of little leaks and finally have them all done. I would put 90's on the top also. I also have the link in the middle or top place.

nmu98; On another thread someone bought a CCM unit and had leaks so they sent it back and they provided them with one that did not leak. if yours continues to leak, you might want to return it versus local repair.

Thanks. I have this one all set. It was simply the two banjo bolts on the toplink. I just dont want to mess with much to make it leak again.

I looked last night and I do not see the room to turn the block sideways. I could see turning it sideways and using 90's to point it up and out? But with 2 sets of 90's you could easily get the hose legnth down to 12 inches.

I might also remove the pto guard if I hit. I have not put it all the way down since the MX hits the ground before I bottom out. Its just in the way when i am trying to get stuff hooked up.

Pics of yours turned would be cool.... I could do 45, but 90 on my tractor looks tight.

/ Tips on CCM top link install on 3720 cab. #10  
After searching, reading, and more reading I have the CCM Toplink. I will be paining it tonight and putting it on Saturday. In reading i remember a lot of people smashed thiers and said they had issues with them but were self induced from the way they installed it?

So did everyone install it with the hoses up or down? Seems like a very simple install, I just dont and to miss something and ruin it......:D

nmu98,

I know this is an old thread but do you remember what size TL you ordered from CCM? I just ordered one yesterday.

I ordered the cat 1, 2" 18-26.5" for my 4310, seems to be a common size.

Thanks, JB.