Tried out a 4320 this weekend...are these loud tractors?

/ Tried out a 4320 this weekend...are these loud tractors? #21  
yes, some pics would be really helpful. Any way it gets in the way of doing loader work?

/ Tried out a 4320 this weekend...are these loud tractors? #22  
My first post ever after reading hundreds of forum topics. I saw this and instantly remembered my first reaction when I sat on my new (Aug09) 4120 and started it up. I was shocked how loud it was and looked at my salesman standing next to it ... he didn't even hesitate, telling me "All the 4000 series tractors are loud!"

I considered the vertical exhaust kit but the JD mechanics politely led me to a similiar tractor with one installed and demo'd it for me. There wasn't a bit of difference that I could tell.

Dan in mid-coast Maine
2009 4120
9' Groundbreaker Backhoe
JD 665 Tiller (Brand new/Very Shiny)
Hydraulic-feed Wood Chipper

/ Tried out a 4320 this weekend...are these loud tractors? #23  
My first post ever after reading hundreds of forum topics. I saw this and instantly remembered my first reaction when I sat on my new (Aug09) 4120 and started it up. I was shocked how loud it was and looked at my salesman standing next to it ... he didn't even hesitate, telling me "All the 4000 series tractors are loud!"

I considered the vertical exhaust kit but the JD mechanics politely led me to a similiar tractor with one installed and demo'd it for me. There wasn't a bit of difference that I could tell.

Dan in mid-coast Maine
2009 4120
9' Groundbreaker Backhoe
JD 665 Tiller (Brand new/Very Shiny)
Hydraulic-feed Wood Chipper
hey buddy i just bought a 4105 new this model is not that loud but maybe it wil be in a few yrs don,t know but i don,t think every 4000 models are loud keep on tractoring :)

/ Tried out a 4320 this weekend...are these loud tractors? #24  
hey buddy i just bought a 4105 new this model is not that loud but maybe it wil be in a few yrs don,t know but i don,t think every 4000 models are loud keep on tractoring :)

Need to clarify something here - the 4105 and 4005 are not true 4000 series tractors. They are totally different machines. Just look at the loader specs, power (torque) specs, hydraulics, the weight of the machines, etc. and you will see what I mean. All of the 4X20 tractors have a 4 cyl JD PowerTech engine. The 4105 and 4005 have a much smaller displacement (~100cu in vs ~150cu in) 3cyl Yanmar motor. I'm not knocking the 4105 - it's a nice tractor that has it's niche - but it's not in the same class as the 4X20's. The 4X20's are indeed quite loud - I can vouch for that - but it's a product of the advanced, bigger motor with more power. Nothing a set of ear muffs won't cure, which aren't a bad idea to wear in any case - I even wear them when mowing with my 445.

/ Tried out a 4320 this weekend...are these loud tractors? #25  
I have a 3320. When it was cold and first started during the winter the motor sounded like it was going to throw a rod with all the clanking it did. In the cold, the rpms automatically go higher and then settle down as the unit warms up. Late last spring I went from JD dino oil to Amsoil synthetic marine & diesel and the motor purrs as soon as I start it. Granted, I have not tried it yet below 30 degrees but I am optimistic that I won't be disappointed.

/ Tried out a 4320 this weekend...are these loud tractors? #26  
I decided to see for myself just how loud the 4000 series are and stopped at JD dealership today to look at a 4720. When the salesman fired it up, I couldn't believe how loud it was just standing beside it. He ran it up to pto speed and we couldn't carry on a conversation. I can see why everyone recommends hearing protection for this CUT.