2305 & York rake

/ 2305 & York rake #1  

VTtractorguy

Silver Member
Tractor
Still looking...
Hi folks.

I'm thinking of buying a York rake to grade my driveway with the 2305. Here is the model:

Model RS - 5' Rake - Category 1 [003115] - $1,012.00 : York Modern

It's a category 1 attachment but my dealer says because of the 2305 limited lift (height) capacity, the rake may hit the ground when transporting. Anybody put this or a similar rake on the 2305 with success?

Deere makes one specifically for this tractor but you can't put a blade or scarifier teeth on it. This York seems to be more flexible for my needs, but may not work well on the 2305.

I haven't yet made the deal on the 2305 and this may push me to the 2320 which has a full cat 1 hitch. But I think the 2305 will be a better mowing machine for my land. The other option is to buy a box blade and the Deere rake for the 2305. Maybe that's the more useful set-up.

Thanks again everyone!

/ 2305 & York rake #2  
VTTG,

Welcome to the forum! :) What kind of slopes will you encounter? If they aren't too severe, I would recommend the 2320 or 2520. I have used a 7' Landpride rake on my 2210 (about the same as the 2305) and found that there were two top link holes that changed all the dynamics. Without them, the 7' rake would have been too much.

Does the Frontier rake have multiple positions for their top link?

/ 2305 & York rake
VTTG,

Welcome to the forum! :) What kind of slopes will you encounter? If they aren't too severe, I would recommend the 2320 or 2520. I have used a 7' Landpride rake on my 2210 (about the same as the 2305) and found that there were two top link holes that changed all the dynamics. Without them, the 7' rake would have been too much.

Does the Frontier rake have multiple positions for their top link?

Hi JD!

Thanks for the welcome. My driveway is about 1000' with gentle but steady climb up to the house. Not sure on the multiple top link holes, but I'll check that out. With the extra holes on your Landpride, were you able to raise it enough so that it didn't drag when transporting? How did you like the rake in general? The 2320 is really what I want but budget may prevent that. Also, I'm gussing that the 2305 is a better mowing machine. What do you think?

Thanks again,

- Stew

/ 2305 & York rake #4  
Hi Stew -

The 2305 uses a different deck than the 2320; 2305 used a 54C or a 62C (recommended) which is the same as is used on the X series mowers. I have the 62C and I really like it for mowing a couple of acres. The 2320 uses a 62D deck which is the drive-over version. I don't have any experience with that model, but I have seen posts here lamenting the front wheels on the deck damaging the turf by digging in.

The 2320 has a foldable ROPS, which if you have lower hanging limbs that you don't trim could be a benefit. It sits higher than the 2305 as well. It has the same engine as the 2305.

Either one is quite nice - can you give us a bit more info about the other uses for the tractor? It may help us give better advice - then again it may not. ;)

Scott

/ 2305 & York rake #5  
Stew,

I like the rake, it seems pretty smart and innovative and gauge wheels are nice too; but I don't like the the 5' width, and the price is in the range of a tiller.

Nothing I have is for limited cat 1, and it all works. I'd be happier if the 2210 had full cat 1 lift height, but limited height has only been an annoyance during operation, never a deal breaker.

/ 2305 & York rake #6  
Hi JD!

Thanks for the welcome. My driveway is about 1000' with gentle but steady climb up to the house. Not sure on the multiple top link holes, but I'll check that out. With the extra holes on your Landpride, were you able to raise it enough so that it didn't drag when transporting? How did you like the rake in general? The 2320 is really what I want but budget may prevent that. Also, I'm gussing that the 2305 is a better mowing machine. What do you think?

Thanks again,

- Stew

Stew,

Yes, the extra hole position made the rake useable. As for the 2320 vs 2305 being better mowing machines; the two machines are so closed in power that I think the edge goes to the one that is able to maneuver your property. :)