Improve Hydraulics on JD 1050

/ Improve Hydraulics on JD 1050 #1  

jgbanshee

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 310SE, JD 4300, JD 5210, JD 450 Crawler, CAT D3B, Ford 2N, Ford 5000 Ford 4000su, Ford 1100
Has anyone did anything to improve the hydraulics for the loader on a 950/1050? My loader (#80) just moves so slow. I know the pump is only putting out 6 or 7 i think GPM. I have changed the hydraulic filter.

/ Improve Hydraulics on JD 1050 #2  
There is no magic cure for speed...to go faster you need more flow-a higher output pump, which is not going to be easy or cheap since it's directly coupled to the engine.

/ Improve Hydraulics on JD 1050 #3  
You might try using larger couplers on the loader connections. Mine are the smaller ones, not JD or ISO sized. Be sure to check the metal piping for dents and kinks. My front weights got caught up in the piping there an kinked them. Really slowed the loader drop-down. Listen for whistles and gurgling sounds when unloading: That should tell you where the restrictions are....

/ Improve Hydraulics on JD 1050 #4  
You might try using larger couplers on the loader connections.
Actally its smaller lines and fittings that will accomplish faster cycle rates.

/ Improve Hydraulics on JD 1050 #5  
Actally its smaller lines and fittings that will accomplish faster cycle rates.

Can you please elaborate on that statement:confused:

/ Improve Hydraulics on JD 1050 #6  
Smaller pipes theoretically increase reaction time, but on the 80A loader lines, they are quite restrictive (i.e. the flow resistance is higher, so a pressure drop occurrs if there is a restrictor: as in the connectors at the 80A interface block. The ports are only about 1/8 inch. I switched to ISO size AG fittings on my 1070 and the loader drop reaction is much improved (especially after I fixed the kinks in the lines at the crossover pipe on the loader frame).