Gold Member
    Tractor
    2011 JD 110TLB, 2000 John Deere 4300, 1946 Ford 2N, 1979 Cat D3 and 1966 John Deere 450 Dozer

Default Improve Hydraulics on JD 1050

Has anyone did anything to improve the hydraulics for the loader on a 950/1050? My loader (#80) just moves so slow. I know the pump is only putting out 6 or 7 i think GPM. I have changed the hydraulic filter.

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Default Re: Improve Hydraulics on JD 1050

There is no magic cure for speed...to go faster you need more flow-a higher output pump, which is not going to be easy or cheap since it's directly coupled to the engine.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Tractor
    jd 1070

You might try using larger couplers on the loader connections. Mine are the smaller ones, not JD or ISO sized. Be sure to check the metal piping for dents and kinks. My front weights got caught up in the piping there an kinked them. Really slowed the loader drop-down. Listen for whistles and gurgling sounds when unloading: That should tell you where the restrictions are....
    There is no "I" in team, but there is a "Me" if you want to jumble it up a bit...

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 5400, Farmall H, Farmall Cub, Allis Chalmers CA

You might try using larger couplers on the loader connections.
    Actally its smaller lines and fittings that will accomplish faster cycle rates.

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Quote Originally Posted by wkpoor View Post
    Actally its smaller lines and fittings that will accomplish faster cycle rates.
    Can you please elaborate on that statement
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Tractor
    jd 1070

Smaller pipes theoretically increase reaction time, but on the 80A loader lines, they are quite restrictive (i.e. the flow resistance is higher, so a pressure drop occurrs if there is a restrictor: as in the connectors at the 80A interface block. The ports are only about 1/8 inch. I switched to ISO size AG fittings on my 1070 and the loader drop reaction is much improved (especially after I fixed the kinks in the lines at the crossover pipe on the loader frame).
    There is no "I" in team, but there is a "Me" if you want to jumble it up a bit...