Grading JD Front Blade Question

/ JD Front Blade Question #1  

2YD

Bronze Member
Tractor
Wasn't sure if this should be in attachments or JD Operating so mods feel free to move. I am looking to purchase the JD blade shown below and have no experience with this attachment and was wondering if anyone can walk me through how this would attach to the loader arms if at all. It looks to me like a belly mount and that certain pieces of the puzzle might be needed to assist the attachment. He claims its QA, bought new in 2003 for a 4000 series CUT and that it will fit the newer 300cx loader; but I'm looking at the photo and don't see the correlation. Any help with this matrix cube appreciated.

JDBlade.jpg

/ JD Front Blade Question #2  
It is a tractor frame mount only. It will not go on your loader unless you do some serious modification. I am not familiar with this plow setup but would assume that you would need to purchase or make some brackets that you would need to bolt to your tractor to mount this plow as the frames from the old tractor to yours are different I believe.

I am sure someone that has one will chime in here soon. Good luck

/ JD Front Blade Question #3  
That is a #66 or #72 blade-to use it, the loader it removed. It is a very heavy duty blade! There are brackets that mount where the rear loader mounts are, and one in the front. It is a qick-attach blade once the brackets are installed. They still sell that model for about $2000.00!

Does he have the brackets? If so-you need to know what tractor it came off of as the brackets will be different between models.

/ JD Front Blade Question #4  
Yep, that that looks like a 74" or 84" frame mounted blade.

What is the part number? you can probably look it up on the JDParts, and see what you need?

dunno if that will fit the 3520, as I think it is supposed to only use the Front 3PT Hitch Frame mount version of the 366 only. JD did not rate it for use with the larger blades (74" or 84" Frame mounted blades). I also don't think you can use the frame mounted front blade on the 3x20 series in 2008 - but I could be wrong?

Here is what I found on the JDPARTS website. i hope this helps

Attachments

• MP40504________UN26NOV07_366 Blade.gif
    MP40504________UN26NOV07_366 Blade.gif
    23.8 KB · Views: 167
  • MP37189________UN05JAN06_Fropnt 3PT Hitch.gif
    MP37189________UN05JAN06_Fropnt 3PT Hitch.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 231
  • JDPartsView.GIF
    JDPartsView.GIF
    16 KB · Views: 164
   / JD Front Blade Question #5  
2YD, its sort of complicated but it can be done. Basically it involves modifiying your loader brackets so the front blade brackets will fit behind the loader brackets. That way you don't have to remove and switch brackets everytime you want to change between the loader and the blade. Also the modification is easier on and open station than a cab tractor. You will need to know what blade model that is for sure. There should be a metal tag on the left side of the rear frame that will have the serial number. Measure the moldboard width and that will also help out with figuring out what model it is if the serial #tag is missing.

Sincerely, Dirt

If you are not up to doing the loader mount modification I have a JD 66 inch partial blade for sale ($200.00) that could be made to fit a loader.
deereblade1.jpg

Below pic is of 2006 JD3520 with a model 390 front blade.
P1010840.jpg