Repair Manual for 4300

/ Repair Manual for 4300 #1  

JamesH

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4300
Does anyone have a repair manual for a 4300 that could share some info?
Thanks in advance.

/ Repair Manual for 4300
I have oil leaking from the right rear axle housing onto the inside of the right wheel.
Does the repair manual address how to replace the outside seal on the axle?
Thanks for your help with this.

/ Repair Manual for 4300 #4  
While my bible doesn't address axle seals by themselves, it does show them installed in the axle housing. Held in by 3 screws. Now the bad news. The axle must come out of the housing to get at the screws and seals. The axle is held in place by a snap ring on the inside of the drive gear. To get at this snap ring the whole 75lb brake housing must be removed.(after you remove the tire, ROPS, fender etc) How badly is it leaking? Is it a cosmetic problem on the yellow wheel or is it polluting the ground as it pours out?

/ Repair Manual for 4300
It is more than a little leak. I would say since I noticed it start it has leaked maybe a pint or so.
The strange thing is that it still shows over full (more than half in the sight glass) of oil. That is after a good long while of sitting level in my shop.
I am wondering if it was overfilled at sometime and I am now seeing the effects of that. I have never added any oil to it since I have owned it. I did have it into the dealer last fall for some hydraulic work and wonder if they may have done it.
I am going to keep an eye on it and see if it maybe stops or at least slows down.
I did get access to a manual and have reviewed what I would need to do to fix it. It is not an easy job but one I think I might tackle. It is mainly a lot of muscle work.