Latch-up kit for a 62D MMM ?

/ Latch-up kit for a 62D MMM ? #1  

scottrh

Bronze Member
I remember a while back JD was suppose to announce a latch-up kit for the 62D MMM. Does anyone know if this exists? I have a JD 2520+62D MMM and would like to be able to hold up the MMM while putting down the 3 point hitch. thanks, Scott.

/ Latch-up kit for a 62D MMM ? #2  
Would that be the same as the hydraulic lift that is already an option? IIRC - you unhook one of the loader valves and use it to raise/lower the MMM

brian

/ Latch-up kit for a 62D MMM ? #3  
Welcome to TBN:D

I have that kit on my 4110, but I do not think it's the same parts for the 2520.

/ Latch-up kit for a 62D MMM ? #4  
Scottrh,

I had the same problem as you since I also have a 2520, the mower deck and linkage would go up and down with the use of the TPH, I wrote about it on 11-18-2007 under the title "Turfs, 62D and chains", you can check it out if you want. The part number you need is LVB24962, cost me $151.50 to get the "Lock-up" kit installed, and it works great, keeps the mower deck up while using the TPH.

Another thing to check is your TPH draft arms since you have a 2520, are they real close to the rear tires or are they the newer type which gives plenty of clearance. If your tractor is still in warranty, you may want to check into that.

Anyway. hope this helps and welcome to TBN!

Larry

/ Latch-up kit for a 62D MMM ?
Larry,
thank you so much for this information on the latch-up kit. I need it bad. My draft arms are only about 1 inch from the rear R4s. Seems you indicate on new machines JD has sometning different. I bought mine September 2006 - maybe I should contact a dealer to see if there is something newer on the linkage. i have no need for chains.

For anyone else with this situation concerning a 2520+62DMMM, the link Larry refers to is at:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/john-deere-owning-operating/110664-2520-turfs-62d-chains.html

thanks again Larry.
Scott R. H.

/ Latch-up kit for a 62D MMM ? #6  
Scott,

Glad to help out. If you want to check out all the info on the draft arm replacement topic, it's under the thread titled "Calling all 2520 owners" which was first posted by tomd999 on 5-20-2008 (as of today, it's on page 4). There is about 61 posts so far on this issue and information on how to go about replacing the draft arms on your 2520 if they tend to rub your rear tires. If your tractor is still under warranty, you might want to give it a shot, my dealer took care of the problem with no charge to me, others on the thread weren't as fortunate. Good luck Scott!

Larry

/ Latch-up kit for a 62D MMM ? #7  
On the latch up kit, if you want to save some money just look at the pictures on-line for the part number referenced by Larry111 and go to the hardware store and buy the appropriate turnbuckles, pins, and D rings and you can make your own kit for about $15. It's not quite as nice as the JD kit but it works for me.

/ Latch-up kit for a 62D MMM ? #8  
Does anyone have the JD MMM lockup kit installed on a 2520, and working with the Manual Diverter valve? I have been using a couple clevis pins & turn buckles as mentioned in the above posts to hold up the manual MMM linkage arms when the deck is removed to keep from destroying them when you back up while they drag the ground, has worked great until now, but now that I have added the Manual diverter valve, it takes up the space where the turn buckle was, and uses up the hole in the ROPS support that I had the top clevis in. So before I buy the very costly JD lockup kit I want to be sure it will work & fit with the JD Diverter valve installed. The dealer does not know as they did not even know there was a lockup kit until I gave them a part number LVB24962.

/ Latch-up kit for a 62D MMM ? #9  
personally I just wrapped a small chain around the frame below the floor board on each side and a turn buckle to join it around the left arms.

Working well so far, not fancy but it works.

/ Latch-up kit for a 62D MMM ? #10  
I have a 62D MMM mounted to a 2720 with the same problem. I thought I was the only one...

Anyway, I'm using rubber bungee straps to hold up the lift arms when the deck is removed. Looks silly but at least it keeps them out of the dirt.

Now the other problem I have with the 62D is that the highest I can mow is 4 1/2 inches. But that is probably a problem to track down in another forum.