New JD 3320 (Pics Incl.)

/ New JD 3320 (Pics Incl.) #1  

WH401

Platinum Member
Well, I finally decided on which tractor to get to replace my 1972 IH Cub, a practically new 2006 3320. Now when I say practically new I mean I believe it's a demo unit and it only had 10.3 hrs on it when I got it. I got it with the following:
-PowrReverser transmission, I didn't want EHydro, I know some people love there hydro's but I have driven them and they didn't really do much for me. I grew up with manuals and I didn't want to stray to far from one.
-300cx loader w/ 61" HD bucket, 61" tooth bar, 61" replaceable cutting edge & Horst 48" Fixed pallet forks
-Extra's on the tractor were Rimguard filled R4's, rear work light, IMatch, and a ballast box.
-Also got a Wood's PRD7200 finish mower, had planned on getting the Frontier GM1072R mower but the dealer didn't end up having any in stock and it would have been higher if he ordered one, so I got a Woods instead. Worked out fine though because I originally had been wanting a 7200 and there exactly the same. Dealer also gave me 100 extra off the 7200 since he didnt have the Frontier in stock.

So far I have put about 8 hrs on it and all I can say is wow, great tractor, though my aspect of it is probably higher than others because of what I came from. Compared to what I was using it's like going from a beater to a Cadillac. My Cub was a good tractor but it was tired and worn out so it only made sense to buy something new. I didn't need a FEL but I wanted it as my other tractor with an FEL, a 60's something IH 340, is currently always down at my grandfather's so this way I have something for me to use and don't have to move that one constantly. I have 11 acres and a 1/4 mile driveway with a mean a** hill to contend with that is in severe disrepair so I ended up being a neccessity I guess.

I have moved a log and some other small odds & ends that have piled up over the last 3 years and it worked great. I got to cut grass with it for the first time this week, what used to take me 3 hrs on the Cub took me 2 hrs on this thing but that was only half my property. Now I think I'll be able to cut the whole place in an evening instead of a day. This is most likely due to a bigger cutting width but I was also able to move about double as fast as I could with the Cub, especially on 1 long straightaway. The mower was set at 4 &1/4 in. so I could have a good base to start with to see what I liked, I'm going to lower it to 3& 3/4 next time and see how I like that.

It performed beautifully and left a real nice cut with the high lift blades, that was the first time I have used those on anything. Though it was kind of hard to see where I had and hadn't cut being it has so much suction and it is rear discharge. But talk about suction, every blade of grass within 6" of the mower is getting sucked towards it. I liked being able to back up to stuff to cut the grass and It will be alot easier to change blades on this thing. There was a slightly learning curve at first but that went away in the first few minutes. After that I just drove it like it was a mid mount, nothing to it.

The seat is real nice and comfortable for the bumps, no more bar jabbing me in the back as I bounce around. I didn't have really any interference with the bucket and stuff when I was cutting close to the edges. It did seem like it used quite a bit of diesel for the job but I'm not precisely sure where the gauge was at when I started, could just be high because it hasn't broken in yet. I expect it to get better.

I really liked the transmission and can't say enough about it, like I said before I have tried the hydro but I just don't like how you lose power and speed through the drivetrain. I prefer a manual for its ability to put is power to the ground and reliablility, not that the hydro is unreliable, I just feel the PowrReverser will probably last longer without a huge repair. No ofense meant to any with a hydro by the way, we all have our likes.

I have the vertical exhaust coming for it this week, I wasn't too thrilled about the fumes being in a my face but I have since curred that pretty much. I wear a respirator whenever I cut grass because of terrible allergies so I just where it when ever I use the tractor and I never have a bit of exhaust.

Only thing I have had a problem, and its not to much a problem, but the bushing that came on the ballast box aren't long enough. So when I went to hooked it up the the IMatch I noticed it ends up being to narrow for the hitch. The dealer is send me the correct bush, the ones that were on there were only the inner half of the actual bushing with the regular pins, that you would use without the IMatch, stuck through the holes. No big deal there

In conclusion, I'm very happy with the tractor and look forward to many happy hours with it. Just wish the grass would grow fast, ya know:D.

Here's some pictures for you all.

JD33201Resize.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r208/HottDude65/2006 John Deere 3320/JD33203Resize.jpg
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r208/HottDude65/2006 John Deere 3320/JD33205Resize.jpg
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r208/HottDude65/2006 John Deere 3320/JD33208Resize.jpg
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r208/HottDude65/2006 John Deere 3320/JD332011Resize.jpg
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r208/HottDude65/2006 John Deere 3320/JD332012Resize.jpg

/ New JD 3320 (Pics Incl.) #2  
Congrats on the new toy and great choice although I'm a little biased. I ended up buying a demo unit as well. I just couldn't pass up the deal. I'm sure you'll be super impresses with the tractor. The 3000's are a real work horse. Mine's never failed to impress.

Matt T.:D

/ New JD 3320 (Pics Incl.) #3  
Congrats on the good looing unit. Very aggressive looking pic too!

/ New JD 3320 (Pics Incl.) #4  
Congrats, I love the toothbar!

/ New JD 3320 (Pics Incl.) #5  
Congratulations on the 3320, you're gonna like it! For some reason the pictures aren't working for me so I haven't seen it yet. Will try again later.

/ New JD 3320 (Pics Incl.) #6  
Congrats on the 3320. I have one on order in ehydro. I'm afraid I still have a couple of weeks to wait before I get mine. I guess I will have to post a couple of pixs ... just to keep up, :)

/ New JD 3320 (Pics Incl.)
Thanks for all the comments guys. GreatWhite, my reasoning was the same on the demo too, just couldn't pass up the awesome deal and it has definately been great so far. Sorry the pictures arent working for you Billy, hopefully they do.

/ New JD 3320 (Pics Incl.) #8  
The only item I notice missing is the deluxe grill guard. I got mine after a year of owning and should have gotten it sooner. It wasn't too much and bolted right onto the guard you already have. It's a worth while investment.

/ New JD 3320 (Pics Incl.)
The only item I notice missing is the deluxe grill guard. I got mine after a year of owning and should have gotten it sooner. It wasn't too much and bolted right onto the guard you already have. It's a worth while investment.

I've seen the deluxe guard, its definately a nice piece, but I don't think I could see myself needing it. But who knows, in a few months my wants may change:D.

/ New JD 3320 (Pics Incl.) #10  
Thanks for all the comments guys. GreatWhite, my reasoning was the same on the demo too, just couldn't pass up the awesome deal and it has definately been great so far. Sorry the pictures arent working for you Billy, hopefully they do.
I'm at home on my Mac and your pictures work now. Nice machine, looks pretty much identical to my 2008 3120. Sure could use a tooth bar like that, I don't have either of those bars. Just the one welded on the bucket.