300cx getting a little loose.

/ 300cx getting a little loose. #1  

nmu98

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5203, JD 3720, JD 4110, JD 445, IH 1586, IH 886, IH 404......
I have been using my loader a lot lately. Its a new tractor with 25 hours on it, about 10 using the FEL. The arms on the loader are moving back and forth about 3/4 of an inch. I am pretty sure my other 3720 did this, but the cab might make it look worse?

Is there any way to tighten this. Seems everything has washers between it.

Thanks...

/ 300cx getting a little loose. #2  
I've got the same problem with only about 10 hours of use. I remember a post about there being a need to tighten one main nut on each side of the loader arms to make it tight, but this will render the quick park feature in operable. It doesn't matter to me though because I don't plan on taking it off and if I do it will be few and far between.

/ 300cx getting a little loose. #3  
I remember a post about there being a need to tighten one main nut on each side of the loader arms to make it tight, but this will render the quick park feature in operable.

Rendering the Quick Park is up to you.... if you adjust the nuts so you can just slide a piece of paper between the nut & the mast, then you'll still have quick park, if you snug them up (like I did) then you'll loose the quick park....but the loader is alot more soild.
If I would have had a choice, I would have gladly taken a 300cxs (soild mount) if such a beast existed.... Either that or they should paint the 110 TLB Green and put the nice cab on it...

/ 300cx getting a little loose.
Am I describing the right bolt?:

There is one on each side up front by the parking stand. They are zinc plated.

Wuth a cab model, I see little reason to remove the loader, and if I do, I can loosen 2 nuts:D After watching Nuru blast out a window, I have little want to remove anything but the bucket or the pallet forks....

/ 300cx getting a little loose. #5  
Rendering the Quick Park is up to you.... if you adjust the nuts so you can just slide a piece of paper between the nut & the mast, then you'll still have quick park, if you snug them up (like I did) then you'll loose the quick park....but the loader is alot more soild.
If I would have had a choice, I would have gladly taken a 300cxs (soild mount) if such a beast existed.... Either that or they should paint the 110 TLB Green and put the nice cab on it...

Exactly, is that not what I said?

/ 300cx getting a little loose. #6  
Exactly, is that not what I said?

I suppose....I took what you said in that if you tightened them you disabled the quick park..
I just wanted to say that you can tighten/remove the slack out of them and retain the Quick Park if desired....didnt want to scare NMU98 from doing it if he needed/wanted to retain his quick park.

Take a look at this thread for all the info you'll need:http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/john-deere-owning-operating/123418-quesion-300-400cx-loaders.html

Thanks Dave!

/ 300cx getting a little loose. #8  
Am I describing the right bolt?:

There is one on each side up front by the parking stand. They are zinc plated.

Wuth a cab model, I see little reason to remove the loader, and if I do, I can loosen 2 nuts:D After watching Nuru blast out a window, I have little want to remove anything but the bucket or the pallet forks....

Hey, hey, hey:eek:, I only did it once, and I am gonna use horse matt as "protection" next time "I Do the Loader":rolleyes:

Hey, hey, hey:eek:, I only did it once, and I am gonna use horse matt as "protection" next time "I Do the Loader":rolleyes:

:D I disabled my quick tatch.... :D It would look bad if I posted a broken window. This way i have no chance to...:D

I think we should call it "Pulling a Nuru":D

LOL.. Thanks for all your help;)

/ 300cx getting a little loose. #10  
:D I disabled my quick tatch.... :D It would look bad if I posted a broken window. This way i have no chance to...:D

I think we should call it "Pulling a Nuru":D

LOL.. Thanks for all your help;)

Oh Gee, now my fabulous technique for initiating a window replacement:mad: has a name.:rolleyes: