Front Hitch Quik-Tach on 2320

/ Front Hitch Quik-Tach on 2320 #1  

Matt Heath

Tractor
John Deere 2320
Took delivery of my 2320 with loader and 47" snowblower yesterday. With the snowblower comes the Front Hitch, my question is about the hydraulic hose routing and hose support bracket location.
Is the 'top' hose in the picture correct, or should the elbow be pointing up? As it is I don't think the hose is long enough once properly routed to reach the SCV connectors. Right now it has to hang loose and rub on the tire to be connected. I have tried routing the hose down and out the side of the hitch also but it still seems to be short.
Second question is, where does the hose support bracket mount? I can't find any open hole on the frame.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Matt

Attachments

• 2320 022.jpg
    2320 022.jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 748
   / Front Hitch Quik-Tach on 2320 #2  
This might not be exactly as yours, but here is a pic of my 2520 with the quick-hitch and snowplow mounted. You can see I have run the hoses tighter to the body of the tractor, and then down between the front of the frame and the quick-hitch. I also added padding to keep the hoses from rubbing in use.

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 899
   / Front Hitch Quik-Tach on 2320 #3  
Matt,

Here is a pic of the standoff I found for a slightly older model of the 2xxx series with the 47 blower. Not sure if this helps or not, but might give an idea for the approx. mounting location.

Attachments

• OMM134889_K7144.jpg
    OMM134889_K7144.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 434
   / Front Hitch Quik-Tach on 2320
Well, I didn't try that routing, I will tonight though. Do you recall if the top hose connecting to the raise/lower cylinder has an elbow connection, and if so which direction the elbow is pointing? To one side of the tractor or the other or striaght up?

Matt

Runner, That does look to be an older or different model. Here is a pic showing the hose connections on the 2320. There is another hose 'standoff' under the HST pedals. I looked but couldn't find any available locations to mount the standoff that came separate with the front hitch.

Thanks

Attachments

• 2320 021.jpg
    2320 021.jpg
    470.9 KB · Views: 2,067
   / Front Hitch Quik-Tach on 2320 #6  
Matt, The hose standoff you have mounted by the brush guard goes further back behind the front axle. In front of the oil filter is a bolt on the frame that goes thru a clip for the hydro cooler line, pull that bolt out and you should have received a bushing about 1 1/2" long and a longer bolt, than take the bolt the hose hanger and the bushing and replace that cooler line bolt. I am probably explaining it badly and I do not have access to the tractor for about a week to take a picture for you but the book for the snowblower should have a diagram of the hose routing and the q-hitch should show the orientation of the lines coming off the cylinders.

Yep, that is what I ended up doing, except I just reused the bolt holding the cooler line, it was long enough.

Posted too soon, wasn't finished writing.
I still think the orientation of the line coming off the top of the lift cylinder is wrong. In the diagram it looks like the line is pointing up but on mine the line pointing to the left side of the tractor. This requires the line to bend back on itself 180 degrees, using up a lot of length. I'm going to try rotating the connection up. It works the way it is, it is just a bit dificult to hook up because that line is tight.

/ Front Hitch Quik-Tach on 2320 #9  
I think I would unhook the hose and turn the fitting in the cylinder so that is more to the right. You should be able to tighten the fitting 180 degrees easily. Do not force, should not take much force. If not take out the fitting and reapply teflon tape. Adding an extra wrap will change when it gets tight. Be careful that extra tape is not loose inside cylinder. I suspect you will be able to tighten 1/2 turn easily