Tires Wider steer tires for 3000-20 series

/ Wider steer tires for 3000-20 series #1  

KennedyDiesel

Veteran Member
Has anyone tried a 10.50 front? My 8.50's just cut in too bad and I'd like some better floatation. Looks like there's no clearance when steering is at lock so the rims will need to be reversed at a minimum. Wider wheels would be nice also. I just lost one of my OE tires. Looks like I pinched the sidewall and cut a cord. Apparently I didn't catch that the pressure had dropped and let it squat.

/ Wider steer tires for 3000-20 series #2  
John,

Are you looking for r-4's or turfs?

/ Wider steer tires for 3000-20 series
r4

The R4's are on a 15x7 wheel with about 5.5" backspace. The wider tire needs a wider wheel. a 15x8 with same backspace might make it, but it will be close.

Had my original booted and tubed for now...

/ Wider steer tires for 3000-20 series #4  
Space limitations might be resolved with wheel spacers - or the wider rims might just fit the distance between the tire and FEL (or MMM if you have that too).

I'd check with your dealer and see if he might have somethin' on hand that he'd let you experiment with.

I'd also do some homework on the changes in tire OD to ensure that you don't have problems with "overrun" between the front and rear differentials when using 4x4.

AKfish

/ Wider steer tires for 3000-20 series #5  
I run 10.5 Turf Specials on the front and have my 7 Iron MMM and there is not problem - JD indicates that there should be some rubbing but I can report for mine there is no rubbing, they work fine for me. I think i run them wide, but I don't remember and have to check.

What size wheels do you have? Wondering if the turf equipped units are wider or different backspace?

I don't run a MMM so clearance for that is not an issue for the moment...

The wheels are generally stamped 15x7 at some point. At least mine are.

They list a 15x8 for use with the R3's # LVA13633 but no backspace spec.

/ Wider steer tires for 3000-20 series #10  
You probably are going to have to call a dealer to get those specs.