Grapple for 2320

/ Grapple for 2320 #1  

Slatecreek

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 2320
Hello everyone, I am a big fan of TBN. I have been coming to TBN for information for some time now, and have recently decided to join. I have a JD 2320 with a 200cx loader and am interested in installing a grapple. Looking for advice and information from anyone who has this combination. The primary use of this attachment will be brush clean up and moving firewood.

/ Grapple for 2320 #2  
I have a bolt on grapple on my bucket. It does work very well for some things, not so well for others. It works OK for brush removal but the sides of the bucket limit what you can grab. The grapple also has enough down pressure to bend the cutting edge of the bucket. If you go with a bolt on unit, I would suggest a toothbar. As far as moving firewood, I am assuming you are moving already split wood from the pile to the house. I found my bucket to be too small to move any amount of wood quickly, so I put sides on a pallet. Also pallet forks are very useful.

Another issue I have with the bolt on grapple is that even in the up postion it is still in the way when loading / raking things into the bucket. With the ease of removing the bucket from the 200cx, a dedicated grapple with the JD QA would be far easier that un bolting the grapple. If Markham had been making the light duty grapple when I was looking to buy I would probably have one. I found the ATI on the local CL and the price was right.

Don't get me wrong, the bolt on grapple has saved me hours of work.

/ Grapple for 2320 #3  
I just received a LD-48" grapple from Markham Welding with the JD Quick-Attach setup for about $930 delivered. Do a search on the word "grapple" for hours of reading:D

The extra hydraulics you will need will run you about $500 or so...