John Deere 3005 w/Boom pole video

/ John Deere 3005 w/Boom pole video #1  

mcfly682

Tractor
John Deere 3005
Someone asked me in a thread a while back what a "pig pole" was for. Well, thats what ive always heard a boom pole referred to as, so thats probably where the confusion came in. I had my wife shoot a quick video of it in action so folks could see what its extremely useful for. Please excuse the mis-shift and anything else i might have done that was stupid. Nevertheless, its a quick little extremely rare video of a new 3005 in action. Its a video of me working on what seems to be a never ending project. When our land was cleared for our house a year and a half ago, the excavators just pushed all the junk into a huge mess for me to toil away on well into my old age. This pile was bigger than our house when i started. I drag the useful wood up to the splitting pile and burn the rest in a giant burn pit. Enjoy.

YouTube - John Deere 3005 with Boom Pole (Pig Pole)

/ John Deere 3005 w/Boom pole video #2  
Great video. I was originally looking at getting a 3005 when I was looking for tractors, but settle on a 3320. Sometimes I wish I had gotten the 3005 instead, it's a beauty of a machine and there's just something about it. It's more of a real tractor and more along the lines of what I've grown up with.

/ John Deere 3005 w/Boom pole video #3  
Great use for the "Big Pole" They do come in handy. But I thinks you need a grapple. That way you wouldnt have to get off the tractor as often. I kow I want one.

/ John Deere 3005 w/Boom pole video #4  
I had to attack a similar (although much smaller) pile left by the excavator. I used the tractor front end with loader forks instead of the rear end. Not as effective as a grapple, but it got the job done. I would drive the forks into the pile in a reasonable spot and lift, curl and back out of the pile. Sometimes I'd have to hop off and do some cutting to free the bigger stuff, but it seemed to work pretty well.