John Deere Auto Connect 72" MMM

/ John Deere Auto Connect 72" MMM #1  

jsboening

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 3720 CAB
Got my New MMM on Friday. Thought I'd share some pictures. Dealer also fixed the tranny. It would occasionally pop out of reverse in B range. They also found a small leak in the front axle seal and fixed that as well. After installing the mower deck they noticed the deck was dropping too fast so they added an orifice to the hydraulic line to slow down it descent. They also found a slow leak in the front tire and tubed it. It's running like a top now. Thanks Jim and Jason. It's great to do business with people who care about the work they put out.:D

Attachments

• DSC_6947.jpg
    DSC_6947.jpg
    794 KB · Views: 2,126
  • DSC_6949.jpg
    DSC_6949.jpg
    803.4 KB · Views: 1,172
  • DSC_6953.jpg
    DSC_6953.jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 651
  • DSC_6957.jpg
    DSC_6957.jpg
    732.7 KB · Views: 916
  • DSC_6958.jpg
    DSC_6958.jpg
    843.8 KB · Views: 1,541
  • DSC_6959.jpg
    DSC_6959.jpg
    937.1 KB · Views: 911
   / John Deere Auto Connect 72" MMM #2  
Very Cool:D

First I have seen or heard of this "auto-connect":confused:

Can you elaborate on how it goes onto the tractor?

/ John Deere Auto Connect 72" MMM #5  
So how do you like the Autoconnect? Does it work as advertised? You have to still get off the tractor to do some functions, right?

/ John Deere Auto Connect 72" MMM
So far I really like it. It seems to work as advertised with no hang ups. Cuts very nice and works great for blowing the leaves off the lawn.

To connect

1. remove the height lock pin if it's in the storage position and lower lift system.

2. Make sure hair pins on the lift system latches are in storage position.

3. make sure the front link on the mower deck is folded forward from it's storage position and gage wheels are in the unlocked position so the deck is flat on the ground.

4. Put tractor in A range four wheel drive.

5. drive tractor over the mower deck until the mower deck begins to be moved forward. At this point the pto is engaged and the front mount and rear latches are connected. lift mower.

6. Install safety hair pins in rear latches and install pin in height adjustment link. Flip latches on the four gage wheels to allow them to drop down.

7. Go mow.

To remove

1. Park on level ground.

2. Remove height adjustment pin and the latches on the four gage wheels.

3. Lower the deck to the ground.

4. Remove safety hair pins on the rear latches and flip them forward to release.

5. With tractor in A range four wheel drive back over the mower deck.

6. Raise the lift system and place height adjustment pin in the storage position.

It may seem like a lot, but I can probably connect/remove the deck in about two minutes. I went slow the first few times getting out to check alignment of everything so I wouldn't tweak it. One time while connecting I forgot to lower the lift system so the front engaged but the back didn't. No problem I just backed back off and lowered it. Drove forward and everything connected. So far it's a pretty slick system.

Attachments

• DSC_6948expanation.jpg
    DSC_6948expanation.jpg
    730.1 KB · Views: 571
  • DSC_6953explanation.jpg
    DSC_6953explanation.jpg
    761.7 KB · Views: 537
  • DSC_6955-explanation.jpg
    DSC_6955-explanation.jpg
    934.4 KB · Views: 973
   / John Deere Auto Connect 72" MMM #7  
I had been waiting to get a report on the new 72D deck. Nice. Had an interest in the new HOC (Height of Cut) adjustment. When I got the 72 deck for my 4410 the height control was not a very good design. The adjustment knob would spin on its own and change the HOC. Contacted dealer who contacted Deere. They said they were aware of it and would let me know if they could come up with some design change. Never happened. I ended up taking off the height knob and using double nuts to secure the height and carry two boxed wrenched if I ever need to adjust.

After seeing this new 72D with redesigned HOC I compared parts diagrams for the 72 and 72D. Attached the pixs. I was wondering if one could swap in the LH bracket and link height adjustment and gain the new height control. Parts total over $200 from the parts page. I have a message into my dealer to see if they could find out. From the pixs it looks like it was worth asking.

Craig

Attachments

• 72.gif
    72.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 813
  • 72D.gif
    72D.gif
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,677
   / John Deere Auto Connect 72" MMM
Here are some more pictures of the height selector and the pto hook up underneath. At this point the height selector seems very simple to adjust and because it uses a simple pin it should stay where you want it.

Attachments

• DSCN3409height-selector.jpg
    DSCN3409height-selector.jpg
    822.3 KB · Views: 1,018
  • DSCN3412height-selector2.jpg
    DSCN3412height-selector2.jpg
    795.6 KB · Views: 627
  • DSCN3415pto-coupler-lowered.jpg
    DSCN3415pto-coupler-lowered.jpg
    963.5 KB · Views: 1,723
  • DSCN3416pto-coupler-raised.jpg
    DSCN3416pto-coupler-raised.jpg
    955.1 KB · Views: 1,089
   / John Deere Auto Connect 72" MMM #9  
Kennyd
my exact words.

That looks awsome

I was thinking that whenever it was time to update my tractor, a new zero turn would be in order instead of the midmount mower. Now I will have to rethink that!

/ John Deere Auto Connect 72" MMM #10  
So far I really like it. It seems to work as advertised with no hang ups. Cuts very nice and works great for blowing the leaves off the lawn.

To connect

1. remove the height lock pin if it's in the storage position and lower lift system.

2. Make sure hair pins on the lift system latches are in storage position.

3. make sure the front link on the mower deck is folded forward from it's storage position and gage wheels are in the unlocked position so the deck is flat on the ground.

4. Put tractor in A range four wheel drive.

5. drive tractor over the mower deck until the mower deck begins to be moved forward. At this point the pto is engaged and the front mount and rear latches are connected. lift mower.

6. Install safety hair pins in rear latches and install pin in height adjustment link. Flip latches on the four gage wheels to allow them to drop down.

7. Go mow.

To remove

1. Park on level ground.

2. Remove height adjustment pin and the latches on the four gage wheels.

3. Lower the deck to the ground.

4. Remove safety hair pins on the rear latches and flip them forward to release.

5. With tractor in A range four wheel drive back over the mower deck.

6. Raise the lift system and place height adjustment pin in the storage position.

It may seem like a lot, but I can probably connect/remove the deck in about two minutes. I went slow the first few times getting out to check alignment of everything so I wouldn't tweak it. One time while connecting I forgot to lower the lift system so the front engaged but the back didn't. No problem I just backed back off and lowered it. Drove forward and everything connected. So far it's a pretty slick system.

Thanks for the detailed info!