Mowing 2520 and 62D mower lock

/ 2520 and 62D mower lock #1  

wayupnth

I have a 2520 with a 62D mowing deck. It is currently lifted with the mounting brackets attached to the 3pt hitch. I understand that it is possible to lock the mower up so that the 3pt hitch can be used without the mower dropping down. Is this possible with the setup I have or do you need the independent lift kit? I hate to take the deck off for every little task requiring a rear implement.

Gary

/ 2520 and 62D mower lock #2  
On my 2320 there is a height adjust dial on the floorboard that if you twist it clockwise (with the 3pt fully raised) it will stop at the 'locked' position.. It will drop slightly when you lower the 3pt, but only a couple inches or so..

My dial was not correctly calibrated (ie the arrow was not pointing at 'locked' when it was actually locked), so I added some labels to where locked was and where I wanted my mowing position to be..

Hope this helps - I am assuming the 2520 and 2320 are similar

Brian

/ 2520 and 62D mower lock
I looked at the 2320 manual online. I don't have that knob. My mower height adjusts only by raising and lowering the 3ph lever. I have a rate of rise/fall adjustment, but no lock that I can see.

Gary

/ 2520 and 62D mower lock #4  
I don't see why one couldn't fashion a chain that would hold the mower up while using the 3 point. Just study the brackets and look for an anchor point. Small turn buckle could also be incorporated to get max on the height.

/ 2520 and 62D mower lock #5  
I looked at the 2320 manual online. I don't have that knob. My mower height adjusts only by raising and lowering the 3ph lever. I have a rate of rise/fall adjustment, but no lock that I can see.

Gary

HMMM... that is strange.. I thought that the 2305/2320/2520 would have similar operations..

Good luck - there is bound to be some way to mechanically hold up the deck - but I am probably wrong

brian

/ 2520 and 62D mower lock #6  
2305 and 2320 have the dial, 2520 does not. That is one of the reasons I went with the 2320. I think if you do a search consisting of "2520", "height", "lift", or some combination thereof, you should find some great info. on this subject. Good Luck.

/ 2520 and 62D mower lock #8  
wayupnth,

You need the "JD Lockup Kit", part number LVB24962. This is a couple of brackets that mount on your fender braces, with chains and turnbuckles that attaches to the mower lift brackets on the draft arms. You raise the mower, pin the chains to the lift brackets and the mower stays up.

/ 2520 and 62D mower lock #9  
I have the lockup kit on my 2520 but it has the mid mount lift. I think it would be very easy to make up something to hang the deck from.