Deere 4020 owners, how long is the machine w/ loader?

/ Deere 4020 owners, how long is the machine w/ loader? #1  

Ramairfreak98ss

Silver Member
Tractor
Ferris/Simplicity/John Deere
I will be picking mine up somewhere around the end of this coming week hopefully, problem is, i left the only large enough trailer out in Ohio with one of our cars until end of this month... only other trailers we have are a 14' dump trailer, enclosed 24', 18' landscape trailer, only 7k gvw plus whatever tongue weight on the truck, but trailer isnt tough enough for that size machine probably.

The tractor weighs at least 5500lbs ive heard.
Its under 7' wide which fits most of our trailers.

Would the tractor fit in our 14' dump trailer? its only a 2007 model, 14k, has ramps and says will support a 6800lb machine, we've had well over 10k in weight in it many times before.

How long is the machine plus the loader? Assuming i can put the 84" bucket, 73" bucket and pallet forks in the back of the truck, would just the loader/tractor, no rear attachment and no bucket fit all within 14feet to close the back? sure hope so :/

/ Deere 4020 owners, how long is the machine w/ loader? #2  
I will be picking mine up somewhere around the end of this coming week hopefully, problem is,
i left the only large enough trailer out in Ohio with one of our cars until the end of this month... only other trailers we have are a 14' dump trailer, enclosed 24', 18' landscape trailer, only 7k gvw plus whatever tongue weight on the truck, but trailer isnt tough enough for that size machine probably.
How far is out in Ohio from you?
Ohio is not out for me.
Out for me would be Iowa.

/ Deere 4020 owners, how long is the machine w/ loader? #3  
She'll be tight in the 14', and I wouldn't put it in the 7k trailer. I have a 24' enclosed too and have wondered if my 4720 would be OK, and I've definitely decided no.

I can measure for you tomorrow, but my guess is ~ 16' with loader on.

I suppose you could used the dump with the loader arm up, allowing the nose of the tractor to abut up against the front, or rear, of the trailer.

-J.

/ Deere 4020 owners, how long is the machine w/ loader? #4  
I agree with Jgrreed. You can do 14 feet, worst case, you will have to lift the loader arms up high.

/ Deere 4020 owners, how long is the machine w/ loader?
I agree with Jgrreed. You can do 14 feet, worst case, you will have to lift the loader arms up high.

well thats good, maybe ill be ok for the moment.

And yeah, im in NJ, my other trailer is in dayton Ohio, its 650ish away, and i hate the crappy PA turnpike drive, so i do it as little as possible lol. Will be going out there by december to pick it up anyhow.

My 7k 18' trailer, even if the weight was forward, its just NOT a tough trailer that could hold the weight safely even if a LOT was on the tongue and back of my f350, i actually get BAD diesel milage with that trailer too... even with a 3500lb car on it, i was only seeing 12~mpg all highway with my 6.0L, unhook it and **** near 20mpg at 70mph :(

I get 11.5mpg all highway with my 24' box trailer at 8k in weight and 10.5mpg with my 14k dump trailer fully loaded... i think the small 14" tires on the 7k trailer just start to squash down even with only 3500lbs payload

/ Deere 4020 owners, how long is the machine w/ loader?
She'll be tight in the 14', and I wouldn't put it in the 7k trailer. I have a 24' enclosed too and have wondered if my 4720 would be OK, and I've definitely decided no.

I can measure for you tomorrow, but my guess is ~ 16' with loader on.

I suppose you could used the dump with the loader arm up, allowing the nose of the tractor to abut up against the front, or rear, of the trailer.

-J.

thanks man, would be great!

/ Deere 4020 owners, how long is the machine w/ loader? #7  
Remember that removing the bucket, and transporting it on the pulling vehicle both shortens the tractor, and lowers the trailer load.

Chris