3520 pto hookup on bh

/ 3520 pto hookup on bh #1  

tbenn7362

Tractor
jd 3520
Hi,
I am new to the forum. I just got my new 3520--i upgraded from a 790. I was testing my new jd qh on the bh and found it extremly difficult to attach the pto shaft. I have the large r4's and there isn't much room back there. Does anyone have a trick to make it easier?

thanks in advance-- love the forum

/ 3520 pto hookup on bh #2  
Welcome to TBN:D

Try this:
1. Back up to the BH as close as you can while still being able to raise the 3PH all the way up.
2. Connect the PTO shaft.
3. Lower the 3PH.
4. Back up a little more and engage the I-Match onto the cutter.

MAKE sure to check the PTO shaft length carefully if this is a new setup for you!

/ 3520 pto hookup on bh
Thanks-- you might be correct. i think it would be easier to hook up the shaft first. it is fairly long. this not new for me-- just a new tractor and the 3520 is even harder to make the hookup than my 790 was

/ 3520 pto hookup on bh #4  
I have a cabbed 3720 and there is a ton of room, as long as the implement is lowered to the ground. If it is up in the air, I agree there is no room.

/ 3520 pto hookup on bh #5  
Try an extension shaft. I bought one because the pto shaft on my brush hog was too short. It works so well I just left it on and use it for the tiller and the finish mower. Brings the shaft out about 5-6" and makes it so your not fighting the safety shroud while trying to reach around the lift arms and top link.

Please, no comments from the safety police.

Attachments

• DSCN3422pto-shaft-extension.jpg
    DSCN3422pto-shaft-extension.jpg
    874.3 KB · Views: 207
  • DSCN3424pto-shaft-extension.jpg
    DSCN3424pto-shaft-extension.jpg
    899.7 KB · Views: 259
   / 3520 pto hookup on bh
Hi,

Another great idea. I had foprgotten they the extensions. I will have too check them out.