Need to replace seal on bucket curl cyl

/ Need to replace seal on bucket curl cyl #1  

jdgreg

Gold Member
The left cylinder for the bucket curl on my 420 FEL is leaking. How difficult is it to replace the seal? I assume seal kits are available from the dealer.

/ Need to replace seal on bucket curl cyl #2  
Picked up my two seal kits today. The dealer ordered them yesterday. Will try to install tomorrow.
Apparently there are two different cylinder styles, new and old. Check the posts from the past week and you will find out which you have. Mine are the newer C-clip style..

/ Need to replace seal on bucket curl cyl #3  
Take a look at THIS thread:D

/ Need to replace seal on bucket curl cyl
Kenny, thanks for the link. I posted the question while at work, and didnt have the time to search first, like I usually try to do. :eek: Looks like I'm gonna be busy this weekend.

/ Need to replace seal on bucket curl cyl #5  
Let us know how you come out with this. Send pics if you have the time.

/ Need to replace seal on bucket curl cyl
Unfortunately, I had to take the cylinder to my dealer for them to put the seal kit in. Mine had the flush top cap, that had a round hole in the side. I could not for the life of be figure a way to get it off without risking damage. A new cyl is over $450, so I figured I had better play it smart and take it to the dealer. Ah well, I tried. Thanks for the info anyway. :eek:

/ Need to replace seal on bucket curl cyl #9  
Unfortunately, I had to take the cylinder to my dealer for them to put the seal kit in. Mine had the flush top cap, that had a round hole in the side. I could not for the life of be figure a way to get it off without risking damage. A new cyl is over $450, so I figured I had better play it smart and take it to the dealer. Ah well, I tried. Thanks for the info anyway. :eek:

We could have helped, you basically rotate the cap till the end if the wire retainer is visible, then use a pick to pull the end out of the hole while continuing to rotate the cap.