2320 Curtis Cab questions

/ 2320 Curtis Cab questions #1  

kernal

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2320
After a good amount of searching for posts, I guess I just need to ask.

If you have a Curtis Cab, or any other, on a 2320 can you give me some measurements?

Floor to top of Cab, or floorboard to top of cab.

Wondering if I can still fit under the garage door if I get a cab.

Thanks,
Scott

/ 2320 Curtis Cab questions #2  
I am 99.9% sure that the cabs go just under the ROPS, so the overall height of the tractor does not change.

/ 2320 Curtis Cab questions #3  
After a good amount of searching for posts, I guess I just need to ask.

If you have a Curtis Cab, or any other, on a 2320 can you give me some measurements?

Floor to top of Cab, or floorboard to top of cab.

Wondering if I can still fit under the garage door if I get a cab.

Thanks,
Scott
Scott, I just bought a Jd 2320 this summer and had the same questions. I now have a curtis soft sided cab on my tractor and love it. I have turf tires on mine and have a 9x7 garage door and my tractor is sitting in the garage as we speak. It all depends how your gargage door is framed (for the height opening) but I had lots of clearance. But you will have to fold down the ROPS bar. I did not want to mess around folding the bar up and down all the time. So I had a professional fabrication shop plasma cut the brackets off of the upper portion of the roll bar. I then cleaned up the brackets and reinstalled them on the tractor and put the upper portion of the roll bar back into the brackets so I could adjust the height of the roll bar. I adjusted it so that it stuck up 1" taller than my tractor cab. Therefore I had enough clearance to get into my gagage. I am a good welder, but I had the welding shop tig weld this all back together, they did a better job than John deere did! I then painted it with some Blitz Black I purchased at my local John Deere dealer. You wouldn't know it had ever been touched. I know that alot of people would say its taboo to shorten the rollbar, but what good is it if its always folded down. Tomorrow I will measure my total cab height if you want. If you would like I can take a few pictures too. But to answer your questions it does fit!!!!

/ 2320 Curtis Cab questions
I have R4's but if you could measure from the bottom of the ROPS to the top of the cab that would tell me if it will fit. We got a cutris cab for my mom's 2305 and it is very nice. I saw a 2320 with the hard doors today at the local college but he was going to fast for me to see how much shorter than the rops the cab was.

/ 2320 Curtis Cab questions #5  
I have R4's but if you could measure from the bottom of the ROPS to the top of the cab that would tell me if it will fit. We got a cutris cab for my mom's 2305 and it is very nice. I saw a 2320 with the hard doors today at the local college but he was going to fast for me to see how much shorter than the rops the cab was.
I shortened the top of my rops but I can get you a measurement from floorboard to top of cab and measurement from floor to the top of cab. Well get this for you tomorrow!

Dale,
If you could measure from the floorboard and / or the ROPS mounting plate on the fender. I found a Rolly Door that I can make work if the garage door itself is in the way.

I should just build another garage.....

/ 2320 Curtis Cab questions #7  
Dale,
If you could measure from the floorboard and / or the ROPS mounting plate on the fender. I found a Rolly Door that I can make work if the garage door itself is in the way.

I should just build another garage.....
Scott, I just measured my Curtis Cab, I just measured from the top of the ROPS mounting plate to the top of the Curtis Cab, it is 42" , I also measured from the top edge of the floorboard to the top of the cab, this was 59 1/4". Hope this helps, if you need anything else just holler! Were you thinking of getting softsided door or hardsided? I have soft sided, I just couldn't spend the extra $1000.00 they wanted. I would rather put it on another attachment.

Thanks, need to measure tonite and see.

/ 2320 Curtis Cab questions #9  
Not trying to hijack the thread, but Dale1995, do you have pics of your cab installed?

Ryan

/ 2320 Curtis Cab questions #10  
No I don't tonight, but I can take some tomorrow if you would like:)