3-Point Hitch Changing a JD 59" front snowblower into a 3pt snowblower

/ Changing a JD 59" front snowblower into a 3pt snowblower #1  

biyou

Is it possible to change a front pto snowblower into a 3pt snowblower ?
Front pto is 2000 rpm rear is 540 rpm Any ideas ?

/ Changing a JD 59" front snowblower into a 3pt snowblower #2  
I think the best way would be to let me have the front mount and get yourself a new rear mount! Seriously though, you hit right on it with the PTO speed difference. You'd have to incorporate some sort of speed reducing transmission. Also don't know if the rotation direction is the same. I should think you could sell the front mount for more than a replacement rear mount and be time ahead for yourself.

/ Changing a JD 59" front snowblower into a 3pt snowblower #3  
Is it possible to change a front pto snowblower into a 3pt snowblower ?
Front pto is 2000 rpm rear is 540 rpm Any ideas ?

Like RobS said, you would probably ahead of the game (depending on what you spent on the 59" front blower) to just sell it and buy a 3PH blower.

/ Changing a JD 59" front snowblower into a 3pt snowblower #4  
With no actual experience.......... but i have stared at many of them for hours, i'd say you want to remove the gearbox (or chaincase) from the backside of the blower.In my experience, blowers designed for CUTs are designed to run @ 540, then modified to be front mounted by gearing them down to run @ 2500. Connect the PTO shaft directly to the shaft driving the impeller so its 1:1. Making bracketry to mount to a 3 point should be no problem. But again...... its probably easiest to sell/not buy a front blower and just get one designed for the rear.

Disclaimer: Take this for what its worth.... an educated guess.:)

/ Changing a JD 59" front snowblower into a 3pt snowblower
I think the best way would be to let me have the front mount and get yourself a new rear mount! Seriously though, you hit right on it with the PTO speed difference. You'd have to incorporate some sort of speed reducing transmission. Also don't know if the rotation direction is the same. I should think you could sell the front mount for more than a replacement rear mount and be time ahead for yourself.

Thanks biyou

Like RobS said, you would probably ahead of the game (depending on what you spent on the 59" front blower) to just sell it and buy a 3PH blower.

Thanks biyou

With no actual experience.......... but i have stared at many of them for hours, i'd say you want to remove the gearbox (or chaincase) from the backside of the blower.In my experience, blowers designed for CUTs are designed to run @ 540, then modified to be front mounted by gearing them down to run @ 2500. Connect the PTO shaft directly to the shaft driving the impeller so its 1:1. Making bracketry to mount to a 3 point should be no problem. But again...... its probably easiest to sell/not buy a front blower and just get one designed for the rear.

Disclaimer: Take this for what its worth.... an educated guess.:)

Thanks for the info