Brush hog size for 2720 48" or 60" Good brands?

/ Brush hog size for 2720 48" or 60" Good brands? #1  

Qhorse

Rotary cutter size for 2720 48" or 60" Good brands?

This site has been very helpful in the past in checking out tractors and attachments, well here is another question for the guys who have been there already.
I have a JD 2720 and considering a rotary cutter to keep the weeds down but would like something stout enough to hold up going forward, considering either a 48" or a 60". Woods makes a Heritage line and that comes in a 54" so that is another option.
Questions, can my 2720 handle a 60" well enough to not overly bog it down or weigh too much? Who makes a real nice rotary cutter? Any feed back on the Woods Heritage line? How about Frontier? Landpride?

Many thanks and have a good Holiday.:)

Last edited:
   / Brush hog size for 2720 48" or 60" Good brands? #2  
You can handle a 5' cutter no problem. I've got a 4' on my 2520, the only reason I went that small is because most of my property is heavily wooded and I wanted to keep my rig narrow. With the extra hp of the 2720 I wouldn't even hesitate to run a 5 footer. Weight will be the only concern, so I wouldn't go with anything ridiculously heavy.

I'm running a woods brushbull, it is a pretty nice unit. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the newer medium duty cutters, but I"m not sure I'd go with a light duty one, unless you're only cutting tall grass/weeds.

/ Brush hog size for 2720 48" or 60" Good brands?
Bird,
Thanks for your input.
That Brushbull, how is the quality of cut for grass. Did you notice much of a difference between Brushbull model and the Heritage? for overall quality and then quality of cut for mostly grass?

Thanks

/ Brush hog size for 2720 48" or 60" Good brands? #4  
Q,

I agree with Bird - you will have no problems running the 5 foot cutter. I run a 5 foot light-duty cutter (Frontier RC1060) on a 2520 with no issues. I wouldn't want one that was over about 700 lbs though.

/ Brush hog size for 2720 48" or 60" Good brands? #5  
Qhorse, I have not tried to cut grass with it, I've got a finish mower for that. I use mine to cut tall weeds and brush.