3-Point Hitch Help! 2305 3-point turnbuckle ineffective, sways side to side

/ Help! 2305 3-point turnbuckle ineffective, sways side to side #1  

jimgerken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 3720
My friend just got his new 2305, and put on a boxblade, and is working it. But he has one objection. The turnbuckles don't go far enough to stabilize the 3 point so his boxblade sways side to side a few inches. I am guessing the turnbuckles or draft arms, or related, are assembled incorrectly. Does anyone have a photo handy, closeup of the three-point area, for reference? He says his turnbuckles are already tightened until the threaded ends touch inside the cast center double nut deal, so no way it can be tightened any more. Must be in the wrong hole, or what? Thanks for photos or anything you can suggest.

/ Help! 2305 3-point turnbuckle ineffective, sways side to side #2  
I had the same problem also but a different machine. I tried different holes, and ended up cutting some of the rod end off.
I think a half inck on both ends of one side.
Its amazing how that little made a big effect on it.Hope this helps some. but id rather some find a solution before the hack saw.
A

/ Help! 2305 3-point turnbuckle ineffective, sways side to side #3  
Hope this helps. Also, there is a picture on page 22 of my manual. I have five implements from several different manufactures and haven't had this problem. I SORT OF of recall this coming up before (Getting older!). You might do a search for this topic.

Attachments

• 2305 3pt.JPG
    2305 3pt.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 1,438
  • Picture 019small.jpg
    Picture 019small.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 1,662
   / Help! 2305 3-point turnbuckle ineffective, sways side to side #4  
My guess is that the draft arms are installed the wrong way around. On mine the distances from the welds on the two ends of the draft arms to the two drilled holes are 5 1/2 and 7 inches respectively. If you install the draft arms so that the end with the longer distance between the welded bend and the nearest drilled hole is attached to the tractor, the slack in the turnbuckle should be taken up. Mine were the wrong way around and interfered slightly with the backhoe mount.

Hope this helps.
:)

/ Help! 2305 3-point turnbuckle ineffective, sways side to side #5  
Haven't some guys with the smaller tractors put the draft link pins on certain implements towards the inside to make them fit better?

Sincerely, Dirt

/ Help! 2305 3-point turnbuckle ineffective, sways side to side
We just determined that the box blade is the King Kutter 48 inch XB model. It is unclear if the XB is true category 1, or something between cat 0 and 1. Cat 0 would be 20 inches wide a the lower pins, which could explain the problem. Gotta get some measurements. Thanks for the ideas and the photos guys!

/ Help! 2305 3-point turnbuckle ineffective, sways side to side
turns out, the King Kutter XB is a cross between cat 0 and cat 1. has cat 1 size pins, but cat 0 arm/pin spacing. This explains why the turnbuckles run out of range. thanks for the help guys. the photo has been good for conversation.