First 50 hr service -- 2305 hyd questions

/ First 50 hr service -- 2305 hyd questions #1  

tcasamr

New 2305 doing first 50hr myself, everything fine up until servicing/changing hydraulic fluid and filters. If anyone can help with prior experience on the following it would be much appreciated.

1) The external thread filter--when I removed the one from the factory, there is a gasket in the filter itself along with a gasket that is on the transmission case. The two gaskets meet when the filter is threaded on I am guessing. It suprised me to see this gasket in addition to the gasket on the filter itself. When threading the new filter on, the gasket that is on the tranny case moves and shifts around so you dont get a good seal to seal fit. I have lined both gaskets with hyd fluid--especially the one on the tranny case to get the fluid to hold the gasket in place but the gasket keeps turning and misaligning-----thus, leaks.

2)Internal screen filter
How are the magnets supposed to sit in the filter? Is it supposed to be so the magnets sit inside the end lip of the filter with the magnets all side by side? Secondly, how far back into the tranny case is this filter supposed to sit? Due to access issues, I cannot see all the way back into the case and I just have to feel and gently push the filter as far back into the case as it will go. When doing this the last 20% of the filter sticks out of the case. Is this how it is supposed to sit? Does the filter just rest in the case or does it kind of "snap" in the case so it sits parallell to the case with the suction cover going over the end of the filter?

Thanks in advance and feel free to email me with any tricks or tips at tcasamr@aol.com

/ First 50 hr service -- 2305 hyd questions
sorry for the double post--when I searched for my orig thread to look for replys I couldnt find it so I reposted. Thank you for the replys on the orig post