300cx Loader - How Loose is Too Loose

/ 300cx Loader - How Loose is Too Loose #1  

Spudland_Dave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 3520 Cab, Deere F935
Have had my 3520 Cab w/300cx for 75 hours now...this weekend while plowing I noticed that my loader "Felt" & Seemed loose...when you pick it up or put it down the Mast's seem to tilt inward & outward.... Promptly brought it into the garage and made sure everything was fully tightened to spec...quick park is disabled which makes it a bit tighter...but I still honestly think the amout it deflects is a bit silly for lack of better terms...The mounts are installed correctly as well.....
My Dad's L2900 w/LA480 loader is solid as a rock...honesly I think that whole Quick Park & Quick Detach is a load of BS, I wish I could get a solid mounted loader...I dont care if I need a whole 1500 piece tool set to remove the loader....
If I cant get the 300cx fixed solid, I'm seriously considering my options on aftermarket or other loaders...I hate to go aftermarket, but at the same time I spent money on a NEW Tractor that should be tight, not loose like an ex-construction machine with 15,000 hours.

/ 300cx Loader - How Loose is Too Loose #2  
I don't think my masts move at all, I have some play in the bucket links but doesn't affect performance only notice it when the bucket is on the ground and I step on the edge. There is some bolts on top that can take up slack, I have a 4310 w/300cx which is only 32 hp.
Maybe your heavier/Higher hp machine is beating it up more.

/ 300cx Loader - How Loose is Too Loose #3  
I guess you only have a couple of options. Live with it or trade it of for another color. If you not happy with the loader with only 75 hours your sure not going to like it with a couple of hundred more hours on it.

Sincerely,Dirt

/ 300cx Loader - How Loose is Too Loose #4  
Dave, I had the same issue with the open station 3720 with the 300cx. On that one there were 2 bolt on each side on a "bar" that went from the mast to the front weight bar. Someone installed the washers inbetween the 2 pieces of metal. Maybe it was supposed to be like that for a reason? But after removing them, and putting them next to the nut, it greatly increased its rigidity.

/ 300cx Loader - How Loose is Too Loose
I guess you only have a couple of options. Live with it or trade it of for another color. If you not happy with the loader with only 75 hours your sure not going to like it with a couple of hundred more hours on it.

Sincerely,Dirt

The tractor isnt going anywhere...I love it & the JD Cab wayyyy too much. But I think your right, I wont be happy, I've not been happy with the loader in that respect since hour 1...I've tightened the QuickPark locks which has made it better, but its still not acceptable to me...a setup similiar to the 110 Loader setup on a 3x20 would be the preferred solution...

/ 300cx Loader - How Loose is Too Loose #6  
The bolts I am talking about are right above the front tire in this picture. There is some play in them, so remove the washer from between the metal and get them as tight as you can. I think raising the bucket helped in this case.....

1217973358A.jpg

/ 300cx Loader - How Loose is Too Loose #7  
Dave, I personally liked the old style 440 loaders. They were a lot easier to get in and out of,visability was better and they seemed a little more ridgid. When you go from old to new you sometimes have to give up something. The only reason I even bought a new tractor was for the cab. If it wasn't for the cab, I'd still be running my old JD870. I hope your able to tweek your loader so you can at least live with it.

Is the loader not performing as you want or is it just bothering you that it moves around so much?

Sincerely, Dirt

The bolts I am talking about are right above the front tire in this picture.

Excellent nmu98, I will look at that tonight, didnt even look there, I just checked the mounting post bolts, and the quick-park bolt...everything was tight.

dirtworksequip said:
Is the loader not performing as you want or is it just bothering you that it moves around so much?

Nah, the loader performs great...Honestly, I think its more a case of me noticing it more while I'm doing the "Semi-mindless" task of plowing the driveway....

I'm gonna continue to live with it for now, but if it gets worse and I get nowhere with Deere (assuming this turns out to be a true problem, not just me being picky)....I'll probably fab up a new set of Rigid masts that utilize the factory mounting point, boom, Cylinders, geometry, etc.. just essentially replacing the JD Quick Park masts...

/ 300cx Loader - How Loose is Too Loose #9  
What would happen if you installed a metal sleeve over the springs on the loader? Would this make it more ridgid?

What would happen if you installed a metal sleeve over the springs on the loader? Would this make it more ridgid?

Hmm...Good Question...
What I was thinking of trying would be a "Cross Bar" to tie the Left & Right Masts together like the Kubota's have...
I think pound for pound that would be the easiest way to make things more ridgid....Of course I'm thinking of all this now behind my work desk...will have to scope it out to see if its even feasible to do and still allow the hood and such to open...