3320 Grease Procedures

/ 3320 Grease Procedures #1  

letour93

Tractor
JD3320
Guys, this may seem like a silly question to most but my JD3320 is my first tractor and actually my first piece of equipment that ever had grease fittings...wanting to make sure I am doing everything properly including the proper procedure for greasing. Have the gun loaded attach the hose to the fitting and now I need to know how many pumps of grease do you give? do wait until grease backs out of the fitting? no idea please help....

thx in advance...:D

/ 3320 Grease Procedures #2  
Welcome to TBN! And congrats on your 3320, too.

You answered your own question - IMO. :) (just until you begin to see the old grease begin to push out from the fitting).

AKfish

/ 3320 Grease Procedures #3  
First clean the grease zirk's off with a paper towel/shop cloth so your not forcing dirt and grit into the greased area. When I grease it, I just pump til' I hear or see it come out of the seal it goes into. On the loader though I usually only give one shot to each zirk as it's required so frequently. When I got my tractor, the loader had grease on the end's of the zirk's, but none actually pumped to where it needed to be. The loader was clanky when operating and as soon as I greased everything it became smooth as silk.

/ 3320 Grease Procedures
Thx so much for the quick input...its great to have these forums available...great resource for individuals like myself.