Plug for dealer

/ Plug for dealer #1  

unreconstructed

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 5325 JD 5203 JD 2320 LT 133
I bought a 5325 last summer. The dealership is 300 miles from my house and 80 miles from one of my places. Dealer called me and said that JD was replacing a steering cylinder JD had determined that might be defective over time. Told them that the tractor was 300 miles away but would be at the place 80 miles from the dealer at a certain date. The maintenance guy I talked to said no problem, JD would take care of it and he would be at my place at that date.

He showed up at midmorning on the appointment date, did his work, gave me some advice on a few things, fixed a leaky radiator hose, and went on his way.

For you Texas hill country TBN members, the dealer is Fredericksburg Equipment. The dealership also sells Blue tractors.

Anyhow, my two bits for those guys.

/ Plug for dealer #2  
I bought a 5325 last summer. The dealership is 300 miles from my house and 80 miles from one of my places. Dealer called me and said that JD was replacing a steering cylinder JD had determined that might be defective over time. Told them that the tractor was 300 miles away but would be at the place 80 miles from the dealer at a certain date. The maintenance guy I talked to said no problem, JD would take care of it and he would be at my place at that date.

He showed up at midmorning on the appointment date, did his work, gave me some advice on a few things, fixed a leaky radiator hose, and went on his way.

For you Texas hill country TBN members, the dealer is Fredericksburg Equipment. The dealership also sells Blue tractors.

Anyhow, my two bits for those guys.

sounds like they took excellent care of you! thats worth its weight in gold. i had a similar situation as yours, although not near as extreme. my MX6 had a bent pto cover that was making it almost impossible to connect/dissconect the cutter from the tractor. this was the day before Labor Day weekend and i figured i would be without my tractor and cutter for at LEAST 4 days. that was bad for me as i had promised a guy to cut his field and he was going to pay me. talked to my dealer and they didnt think they would be able to get to it until the next week. i thought "oh well thats life i guess" and as i walked outside about an hour later i noticed a Sparrow and Kennedy truck out near my shed. it was a guy from the dealership fixing my cutter as he was on his way home from work and stopped by to fix the problem. he could have easily gone on home after work as i was expecting them to get to it next week rather then that day.

/ Plug for dealer #3  
What they did is dictated by Deere...as part of the "gold star" certification a dealer cannot have any PIP's (product improvement program) open. PIP's are just a fancy word for saying Deere found something wrong with a product and are conducting a "fix it" solution. Dealer's MUST perform these PIP's on the machines in question.

That being said it does sound like they were willing to work with you to get the issue handled.