Tires NEED SPECIFICS ON WHAT AND HOW TO INSTALL STORE BOUGHT SCREWS IN TO MY REAR TIRES :)

/ NEED SPECIFICS ON WHAT AND HOW TO INSTALL STORE BOUGHT SCREWS IN TO MY REAR TIRES :) #21  
Fred Deere, I would try a couple screws in each bar and see how it does. I was not aware there were Deere tractors that you could not reverse the rims for more clearance. Learn something new every day

JDBower, I agree completely with your analysis I think the R4s work well as a compromise. I love mine. I cannot understand why people bash other peoples choices. If you don't like R4s good for you and we heard you the first thousand times but I like mine and would buy them again.

/ NEED SPECIFICS ON WHAT AND HOW TO INSTALL STORE BOUGHT SCREWS IN TO MY REAR TIRES :) #22  
I'd hesitate putting a screw into your tire.

There is enough rubber that your not going to hurt it but,
they will come out!
As mentioned earlier, you'll loose them and cause problems for other vehicles.

I use R1s, no chains and a box scraper on the back for weight.
It works! I think the rear weight is the key to traction.

TractorByNet.com Photo Gallery - Hopeless?

I have a hard time believing you can't fit chains on that tractor?

Good Luck,

/ NEED SPECIFICS ON WHAT AND HOW TO INSTALL STORE BOUGHT SCREWS IN TO MY REAR TIRES :) #23  
I have way over 1,000 Lbs in my ballast box on my 2520. It has the R4 tires,and still spins and slides all over the place because the R4's don't bite in at all, they just skim across the top of the snow/ice.
Any side-hill, and you end up AT THE BOTTOM, there is absolutely no sideways traction with an R4.

I love mine in summer months, but hate them in winter on the snow. Doubt I'd like R1's, becuase they'd damage my turf as I mow with the Flail mower.

/ NEED SPECIFICS ON WHAT AND HOW TO INSTALL STORE BOUGHT SCREWS IN TO MY REAR TIRES :) #24  
Fred Deere, I would try a couple screws in each bar and see how it does. I was not aware there were Deere tractors that you could not reverse the rims for more clearance. Learn something new every day

JDBower, I agree completely with your analysis I think the R4s work well as a compromise. I love mine. I cannot understand why people bash other peoples choices. If you don't like R4s good for you and we heard you the first thousand times but I like mine and would buy them again.

If somehow you're refering to me as bashing, I apologize. What I am refering to is folks who buy a tractor who have never owned equipment before. The salemen for some unknown reason insist on pushing R-4's onto folks who don't need them and don't realize what they are getting. I have had several people here in town show me their tractors and then complain that they are not good in mud/snow and ask about chains or tires. I ask them why they bought R-4's and they all say because that's what the salesman said was best.

I have to assume the R-4's are cheaper, 'cause the salesmen from several dealers recommend them alot.

If they work for you, great, but for the average user the tried and true tractor tread (R-1) that has been around for 70 years or more (with some modifications) will do the best in all around conditions.