Default bleeding fuel line on 5205

I replaced the old cracked fuel line on my 5205. Not thinking, I started up the tractor and it ran for about 30 seconds just fine and then died.

It then occurred to me that I had totally forgotten to purge the air out of the fuel lines that I had replaced.

So far, I have pumped about a pint of diesel out of the bleed hole and it doesn't seem to be spitting or anything but I really believe that there is still air in the lines or somewhere.

Needless to say, the engine won't start.

I have about a half tank of fuel. I know the book says "fill it up" but if I am getting a steady stream coming out of the bleed hole......????

Ideas?

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Default Re: bleeding fuel line on 5205

Welcome to TBN

Sometimes you have to crack open the injector lines right where it attaches to the injector to get air out while cranking-the air in the line compresses so there is not enough pressure to open the injector.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain and Rigging Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 5205 JD 5203 Ford 3600 JD 850 JD 755 Kioti DK65

Default Re: bleeding fuel line on 5205

You also need to loosen the fuel return line where it attaches to the injector pump and hand prime till there are no bubbles there.
    Greg