Mowing John Deere Rough Cut Mower

/ John Deere Rough Cut Mower #1  

Drpower

Tractor
John Deere 170, 650
I am looking to purchase a john deere 650 tractor, with a front bucket and a rough cut mower from a friend of mine. I do a lot of mowing, and snow removal and have used a smaller machine in past years. I am not in a position to purchase a 3pt finish mower, and was wondering if there is anything I could do or modifications I could make to make the rough cut mower work for now anyway. Thanks

/ John Deere Rough Cut Mower #2  
Welcome to TBN:D

I think the best you can do is to sharpen the blades and keep them sharp.

/ John Deere Rough Cut Mower #3  
^^ What Kenny said. A brush mower can provide a pretty decent looking cut if you keep the blades sharp. When the time come you have a few extra bucks, keep your eyes on CraigsList for a decent five foor rear finish mower. I found some decent deals out there but you have to be quick when you see something priced right. No need to spend all the money on a brand new one!:)

/ John Deere Rough Cut Mower #4  
there is a guy from Dansville on the Rochester Craigslist who has had a 5' JD 3 point finish mower up for sale for $700 several times now. might be worth a look, the post title is "3 point hitch mower for tractor" (sorry, no link, the moderators would remove it)

Aaron Z