Snow Loader Mounted Snow Plow for 2305

/ Loader Mounted Snow Plow for 2305 #1  

johnnydel29

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 2305
I have be wanting to build a snow plow attachment for my 200cx loader on my 2305, I finally had to opportunity to do so, and I thought I would share.

Last week I was fortunate enough to come across a used 60" ATV Plow, manual tilt. I went to a steel shop, picked up some 3" x 3" 1/4 & 3/16" angle irons and 2"x3" 3/16" square tube (I realized I could have used all angel irons). I also, picked up the brackets and pins that fit the loader frame from deere. So I cracked up the salamandor jet heater in the garage this past weekend and went to work.

The trickiest part was lining everything up and making sure the brackets and pins line up with the loader frame. My dad helped me, which made the job a lot easier. As you can see, I basically built a frame to fit the loader arms. Then I welded the plow to the angle iron and added to smaller 1" x 1" angles to serves as braces. Everything worked out well, I tested it, and it works awesome. The atv plow is perfect for this machine - it is not too heavy. For now, since it is so cold - I am going to hold off on painting everything, I'll save that for the spring. Also, I plan on cutting the angle Irons slightly at each end, just to make things more uniform. The plow itself also needs to be straightend out a bit, since the provious owner abused it quite a bit. My nieghbor owns a body shop and has offered to do so, using his car frame straightening machine.

After testing it moving some piles of snow along my driveway - I am real pleased with how it works. I also like this system becasue since my driveway is gravel, I can float the loader so I do not pick up a lot of gravel.

The entire cost for materials was about $350.00. The biggest challenge is finding a used plow like this - it almost took me a year.

We are suppose to get a snowstorm this week - so I'll definitely be able to put it to the test!

Attachments

• plow.jpg
    plow.jpg
    468.4 KB · Views: 1,256
  • bracket & pins 2.jpg
    bracket & pins 2.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 865
  • bracket & Pins.jpg
    bracket & Pins.jpg
    583.7 KB · Views: 607
  • plow weld.jpg
    plow weld.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 2,292
  • Loader frame.jpg
    Loader frame.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 1,308
  • Copy of test plow.jpg
    Copy of test plow.jpg
    826.6 KB · Views: 2,857
   / Loader Mounted Snow Plow for 2305 #2  
Nice job!!! Add a little paint and it would look like a million dollars:) Looks like it matches the tractor perfectly. Yes I agree that you should cut down the angle iron on the ends. I know If I let them stick out that I would be hitting something when trying to get to close with the blade.
Are you going to add power angle in the future?

/ Loader Mounted Snow Plow for 2305 #3  
looking good !! I`am thinking about building a loader plow myself, you wouldn`t happen to have the part numbers from john deere for the top curved mounting brackets and lower pins ? they should be the same for a
300cx loader.

/ Loader Mounted Snow Plow for 2305
Hi JDMIKE - I do not have the loader pins and bracket part #. what I did was bring the loader manuel to the dealer and showed them exactly what they were.

Also - If plan on doing this also - use all 1/4" thick 3" angle iron. No need to use square tube - it is expensive not necessary.

I have no plans to add a hydrylics to plow at this time. I think it will be ok for now.

/ Loader Mounted Snow Plow for 2305 #5  
looking good !! I`am thinking about building a loader plow myself, you wouldn`t happen to have the part numbers from john deere for the top curved mounting brackets and lower pins ? they should be the same for a
300cx loader.

Hi JDMIKE - I do not have the loader pins and bracket part #. what I did was bring the loader manuel to the dealer and showed them exactly what they were.

Also - If plan on doing this also - use all 1/4" thick 3" angle iron. No need to use square tube - it is expensive not necessary.

I have no plans to add a hydrylics to plow at this time. I think it will be ok for now.

Here are the part numbers for the hooks and pins:

W43359 HOOK, BUCKET ADD 23.63 USD

W47211 PIN, BUCKET ADD 28.35 USD

The price has gone up A LOT since I bought mine a couple years ago...If was building something today, I would just use 1 1/2" angle iron for the top hooks, and cut-off CAT3 pins from TSC for the pins.