Tractor
    JD 2305

Default Loader Mounted Snow Plow for 2305

I have be wanting to build a snow plow attachment for my 200cx loader on my 2305, I finally had to opportunity to do so, and I thought I would share.

Last week I was fortunate enough to come across a used 60" ATV Plow, manual tilt. I went to a steel shop, picked up some 3" x 3" 1/4 & 3/16" angle irons and 2"x3" 3/16" square tube (I realized I could have used all angel irons). I also, picked up the brackets and pins that fit the loader frame from deere. So I cracked up the salamandor jet heater in the garage this past weekend and went to work.

The trickiest part was lining everything up and making sure the brackets and pins line up with the loader frame. My dad helped me, which made the job a lot easier. As you can see, I basically built a frame to fit the loader arms. Then I welded the plow to the angle iron and added to smaller 1" x 1" angles to serves as braces. Everything worked out well, I tested it, and it works awesome. The atv plow is perfect for this machine - it is not too heavy. For now, since it is so cold - I am going to hold off on painting everything, I'll save that for the spring. Also, I plan on cutting the angle Irons slightly at each end, just to make things more uniform. The plow itself also needs to be straightend out a bit, since the provious owner abused it quite a bit. My nieghbor owns a body shop and has offered to do so, using his car frame straightening machine.

After testing it moving some piles of snow along my driveway - I am real pleased with how it works. I also like this system becasue since my driveway is gravel, I can float the loader so I do not pick up a lot of gravel.

The entire cost for materials was about $350.00. The biggest challenge is finding a used plow like this - it almost took me a year.

We are suppose to get a snowstorm this week - so I'll definitely be able to put it to the test!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Loader Mounted Snow Plow for 2305-plow.jpg   Loader Mounted Snow Plow for 2305-bracket-pins-2.jpg   Loader Mounted Snow Plow for 2305-bracket-pins.jpg   Loader Mounted Snow Plow for 2305-plow-weld.jpg   Loader Mounted Snow Plow for 2305-loader-frame.jpg  

Loader Mounted Snow Plow for 2305-copy-test-plow.jpg  
    JD 2305, 54" MMM , 200 cx loader
    Woods 60" landscape rake
    4 x 4 Harrow drag
    Husky 357XP Chainsaw
    Lincoln Pro Mig 180T welder
    Harris Oxy/ Acetyl cutting torch
    Rigid Chop Saw
    Huge Garage w/ a Nice Work Bench
    Husky Gas Power Washer (good investment, get one)

5 acres - cleared and wide open

Tractor
    Montana 4340C w/Loader, JD GX345 w/54in. mower

Default Re: Loader Mounted Snow Plow for 2305

Nice job!!! Add a little paint and it would look like a million dollars Looks like it matches the tractor perfectly. Yes I agree that you should cut down the angle iron on the ends. I know If I let them stick out that I would be hitting something when trying to get to close with the blade.
    Are you going to add power angle in the future?
    Montana 4340C w/loader, AgroTrend FU78 rear snowblower with hydraulic shute rotation, Horst 48" pallet forks, 3pt. 2-bottom plow, 6ft. bush hog rotarty cutter, 3pt. Woods 7ft back blade, 3pt. cultivator, 5ft 3pt. york rake, 6' KKII tiller, JD494 4-row planter. Future attachments: backhoe, grapple

Tractor
    3320 w/300CX

looking good !! I`am thinking about building a loader plow myself, you wouldn`t happen to have the part numbers from john deere for the top curved mounting brackets and lower pins ? they should be the same for a
    300cx loader.

Tractor
    JD 2305

Hi JDMIKE - I do not have the loader pins and bracket part #. what I did was bring the loader manuel to the dealer and showed them exactly what they were.

Also - If plan on doing this also - use all 1/4" thick 3" angle iron. No need to use square tube - it is expensive not necessary.

I have no plans to add a hydrylics to plow at this time. I think it will be ok for now.
    JD 2305, 54" MMM , 200 cx loader
    Woods 60" landscape rake
    4 x 4 Harrow drag
    Husky 357XP Chainsaw
    Lincoln Pro Mig 180T welder
    Harris Oxy/ Acetyl cutting torch
    Rigid Chop Saw
    Huge Garage w/ a Nice Work Bench
    Husky Gas Power Washer (good investment, get one)

5 acres - cleared and wide open

Tractor
    John Deere 4110

Quote Originally Posted by JDMIKE View Post
    looking good !! I`am thinking about building a loader plow myself, you wouldn`t happen to have the part numbers from john deere for the top curved mounting brackets and lower pins ? they should be the same for a
    300cx loader.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydel29 View Post
    Hi JDMIKE - I do not have the loader pins and bracket part #. what I did was bring the loader manuel to the dealer and showed them exactly what they were.

Also - If plan on doing this also - use all 1/4" thick 3" angle iron. No need to use square tube - it is expensive not necessary.

I have no plans to add a hydrylics to plow at this time. I think it will be ok for now.
    Here are the part numbers for the hooks and pins:

W43359 HOOK, BUCKET ADD 23.63 USD

W47211 PIN, BUCKET ADD 28.35 USD

The price has gone up A LOT since I bought mine a couple years ago...If was building something today, I would just use 1 1/2" angle iron for the top hooks, and cut-off CAT3 pins from TSC for the pins.
    John Deere 4110HST
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks, I-Match, Ballast Box, #380 plow (modified to fit), Markham LD-48 Grapple, Trac-Vac 854 and lots of other STUFF.

John Deere 4x2 Turf Gator

View some of my projects/adventures in my Picasa Album

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE