2320 & 46 BH

/ 2320 & 46 BH #1  

Beartrap

I am new (obviously) to the tractor world and need to know if in order to mount a JD46 backhoe on a 2320 does the 3 pt hitch have to be removed? If not can a IMatch setup be left on with the BH? Thanks.

/ 2320 & 46 BH #2  
Judging by the way the subframe mounts I would expect that you would have to remove both. Certainly the iMatch would have to come off. Others may know differently, since I don't have experience with that BH.

/ 2320 & 46 BH #3  
Welcome to TBN:D

Yes, the 3PH linkage will have to come off, but that is the case for all the brands-not just JD.

/ 2320 & 46 BH #4  
Kennyd is right, Kubota is the same way. The only small tractor that I know about that allows you to leave the 3pt on is the Massey Ferguson 2310, and 2410. The linkage folds up on those, and out of the way, but you would still have to remove a quick hitch.

/ 2320 & 46 BH #5  
I have a 2320 with the 46 BH. It took about 45 mintues the first time to remove the BH and install the 3 PT. After the 2nd time I picked up pins for all the places that need to be unhooked. Now I can switch between the two in about 20 minutes. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Scott

/ 2320 & 46 BH #6  
not to steal the thread, but Kernal, how does your tractor handle the 61 inch bucket? easily overloaded or no problem?

/ 2320 & 46 BH #7  
I haven't had any real issues. I moved 40 tons of stone for my driveway, a full bucket of crusher run was about all it could lift. Full buckets of topsoil are not a problem. I got the 61" based on info from here.

/ 2320 & 46 BH #8  
thanks, I imagine it takes plenty of ballast, but if it'll lift it, that's cool

/ 2320 & 46 BH #9  
I generally have the BH on, I also have 1 set of wheel weights on the rears.