JD 2305 & Woods Landscape Rake

/ JD 2305 & Woods Landscape Rake #1  

plh3

Tractor
JD 2305
Folks I'm feeling a little stupid and I'm hoping you all might be able to help me out. I bought a used Woods 6' landscape rake with the wheels for my 2305. My problem is that when fully raised the rake is dragging. Am I not mounting the rake correctly or how do I achieve higher lift. I ran out of daylight to mess with it today and I'm wondering if there is a "technique" that I'm not considering such as different combinations of adjustments between the center link and the lift arms. Please tell me the 2305 doesn't require specially sized class 1 implements to accommodate for it's lower stance. My prior tractor, an 8N, sat so high it was never a consideration. Thanks for any help on this.

/ JD 2305 & Woods Landscape Rake
In looking around on TBN I think I screwed up. Apparently the 2305 requires "low-profile" implements to accommodate for the tractor's low profile and therefore low lift arms. If I shorten the center link it seems that then that will cause me to "roll" the rake forward to attach it. What effect will that have on the LR when I lift it? Wont shortening the center link cause the center link to bind when he LR is lifted?

/ JD 2305 & Woods Landscape Rake #5  
I think, just for the landscape rake, shortening the center link may work...that said, yes it does require low profile implements.

/ JD 2305 & Woods Landscape Rake #6  
PLH,

Shortening the link won't be much of a problem. I've got a 2210 with standard size implements and standard size rake and wheel kit. You'll never get much lift height from these limited cat 1. 3-points, but I just shorten the center link enough as needed to get the implement off the ground.

It'd be nice to have some more lift height, but never really has been a big deal.

Joe

/ JD 2305 & Woods Landscape Rake #7  
I think I am going to get my parts wrong with this, but here i go....

My 2320 has 3 different holes in the 3pt lift arms and 3 different holes in the thinga-majig that connections to the lift arms (where you can adjust side to side elevation). they allow you to adjust the height of the arms, but at the expense of lift capacity..

I recently dropped the upper arms into the top position and kept the lower arms in the middle position - When delivered both were in the middle positions..

IF you have the same holes you can try that..

Brian

Thanks I'll take a look and see. I don't recall that on the back of my 2305 but I'll double check. Otherwise the plan now is to fabricate a new 3pt receiver system on the LR in order to be able to lift it with the tractor. If I go that route I'll post the photos.

/ JD 2305 & Woods Landscape Rake #9  
I don't know if this is useful, but the LX4 rotary cutters come with two sets of holes for the hitch pins. The lower holes are for tractors with "limited height" 3 pt hitches like the 2305.

Thanks but my Woods landscape rake definitely doesn't have a second set of lift pin holes. Wish it did.