John Deere mobile service for tractors??

/ John Deere mobile service for tractors?? #1  

RollingsFarms

Veteran Member
Tractor
Few John Deere's and one Ford 3600 diesel.
I just recieved a flyer from Deere about mobile service for tractors. I thought it was only for compact tractors, but as I read the fine print it says that 5000 series tractors qualify for this service too. my question is, does anyone have this service for their tractor? it lists all tractors from 700-5000 series qualify for this service, so I figured there had to be someone on this site that had it and could tell me if they liked it or wished they didn't purchase it. sure would be nice to have my tractor serviced at my farm instead of having to call the dealer to come pick it up everytime it needed service.

/ John Deere mobile service for tractors?? #2  
I only know of the 24-hour emergency on-site assistance service which I used once and was satisfied with the service provided, even though it was pricey. But considering the alternative was to rent another (much larger) tractor at a loss to do my snow run I can't complain. If they use the same techs for routine mobile service and if the flat-rate price is right I would recommend the service.

/ John Deere mobile service for tractors?? #3  
I just recieved a flyer from Deere about mobile service for tractors. I thought it was only for compact tractors, but as I read the fine print it says that 5000 series tractors qualify for this service too. my question is, does anyone have this service for their tractor? it lists all tractors from 700-5000 series qualify for this service, so I figured there had to be someone on this site that had it and could tell me if they liked it or wished they didn't purchase it. sure would be nice to have my tractor serviced at my farm instead of having to call the dealer to come pick it up everytime it needed service.

In my part of the world, a dealer that does not provide on-site service isn't much of a dealer. I spend about 4 days a week doing road service, and we have another truck on the road many days.

/ John Deere mobile service for tractors?? #5  
Mine provides it but it isn't free. :rolleyes:

I don't work for free, either.
In my situation, if I can come to your location and effect a repair in a single trip, the cost to the customer is less than if he payed for round-trip machine transport to and from the dealership. Depending on whether we can schedule multiple stops in an area, even a second on-site visit can be more cost effective than transporting the unit. Obviously, many repairs are best done at the dealer's location.
We work on many of one of our competitor's tractors because they offer no onsite service. They transport everything.

/ John Deere mobile service for tractors?? #6  
My dealer has never mentioned on-site repairs as an option....

/ John Deere mobile service for tractors?? #7  
I had the dealer do my first service at my home. I found out later they did not change my hydro filter due to this style service. After a phone call they picked it up 2305 and did the service the right way. Might just be my dealer but make sure you get some kind of check list.

/ John Deere mobile service for tractors??
the reason i was confused is because when i bought my tractor i made a comment to the dealer how i wish they had the mobile service with the tractors like they do with the lawn mowers. he laughed and just said my tractor was way too big for the at home service so i never thought anything of it. then i got the advertisement in the mail and noticed in the fine print where it listed 5000 series tractors.

/ John Deere mobile service for tractors?? #9  
..... he laughed and just said my tractor was way too big for the at home service so i never thought anything of it. then i got the advertisement in the mail and noticed in the fine print where it listed 5000 series tractors.

Where I'm from, they will do on the road service for ANYTHING Green, from a Push Mower all the way up to a 9000 series tractor....like has been mentioned, its not free, but during planting & harvest seasons those Field Service Technicians are busy boys...
Must be something specific to your area/dealer?

/ John Deere mobile service for tractors?? #10  
My dealer has never mentioned on-site repairs as an option....

Afaik they all do it. Since many routine repairs are minor there is a definite benefit for the dealer to dispatch a technician to the customer's place instead of having to deal with a lot full of tractors waiting for a small fix sitting on trailers that his staff will have to keep shuffling/towing around.

Most tractor owners know their machine better than most car drivers know theirs so I guess JD figures that when their guy gets there the owner will be able to explain the problem with enough relevant details to make diagnosis much easier than it would be for a car.