50 hour service

/ 50 hour service #1  

Hillstone

Tractor
I changed out my transmiision fluid on my 2520. I used the recommended HY-Guard oil not the low vis Hy- guard. The oil that came out of my was red. The Hy-guard I put in was not. Did I use the right oil?

/ 50 hour service #2  
Yes, you used the proper fluid. The red stuff is what Yanmar put's in them at the factory to better see leaks I was told, the HY-Guard is almost clear.

/ 50 hour service #3  
As long as you used the correct spec oil you are fine. Cat uses red hyd oil from the factory in some of their machines. Cat's reg hyd oil isn't colored. I'm not aware of any Deere colored hyd oil,but that doesn't mean it's not out there. Probably from the factory.

Sincerely, Dirt

/ 50 hour service #4  
Our dealer recommends the low vis HyGrade here in Virginia.

Ralph

/ 50 hour service #5  
That's what I was told about the red color in the hyd fluid, too. They add a bit of ATF to see any leaks.

AKfish

/ 50 hour service #7  
I changed out my transmiision fluid on my 2520. I used the recommended HY-Guard oil not the low vis Hy- guard. The oil that came out of my was red. The Hy-guard I put in was not. Did I use the right oil?

In PA I would have used Low-Vis HyGard...its whats reccomended for pretty much everywhere except where snow never hits the ground....

/ 50 hour service #8  
According to the manual, regular Hygard is good down to about 0 degrees and it doesn't get that cold around here (Kansas City) very often. If it is that cold, I won't be out messing with the tractor.

Therefore, I also went with the regular Hygard oil.

Wish you could get the red stuff they put in from the factory because it smells nicer :)

/ 50 hour service #10  
In PA I would have used Low-Vis HyGard...its whats reccomended for pretty much everywhere except where snow never hits the ground....
Supposedly, according to the O.M. for my 955, regular HyGard may cause some brake 'squeal' when used at low temps, but, doesn't say anything bad will happen. I used the Low-Vis stuff, 'cause my dealer pretty much insisted. :rolleyes: I figure he's seen more of those units than me, so....