Keep blowing a fuse

/ Keep blowing a fuse #1  

aemiller4

I previously posted about not being able to remove a fuse. I finally figured it out. I had to remove the whole black box from the wall of the tractor, pop the sides open and unscrew the male parts of the fuse.

This leads me to my next question. I own a JD 4110. I had problems cranking the tractor. Seemed like the battery was dead. I jump started it and it ran fine for a while. I even started it a couple times after the initial jump start. Then I had to jump start it again. It ran fine for a while then just died. I tried to jump start it and got nothing. I finally tracked down a blown fuse in what I think is called a fusible link. This fusible link thing ties to the battery between the ignition and battery. I replaced the battery and finally got the fuse replaced but now the same fuse blows every time I try to crank the engine. I briefly got the engine started, it sputtered and then the fuse blew. I tried one more fuse and this time the engine didn't even get started, the fuse just blew while I was cranking the engine.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks.

/ Keep blowing a fuse #2  
Please post a picture of where this fuse is or be more descriptive about it...I will look in my FSM and try to help...

/ Keep blowing a fuse #3  
I have a similar problem with my 4720. The ignition fuse, more specifically the "Ignition Run Power" fuse keeps blowing when I attempt to start the engine. It's not a fusible link or anything, just a standard 15A U shaped fuse on the fuse panel, in the F5 socket.

/ Keep blowing a fuse #4  
Can you guys post your wiring diagram for the tractors. Maybe we can help if we can see how the fuse is used in the circuit.

Check your glow plug relay. and see if you have voltage on start up. If no glow plug, might be hard to start.

/ Keep blowing a fuse #5  
Can you guys post your wiring diagram for the tractors. Maybe we can help if we can see how the fuse is used in the circuit.

Wish I could but I don't have the diagram. There is a crude drawing at JDparts though, if it's of any use. Note that the drawing is that of the whole cab wiring not just the ignition circuit. Note that the link only takes you to the parts index for the 4720, once there you have to select which section you want. Apparently it is not possible to link directly to the individual part section.

John Deere - Parts Catalog