JD2320 Leaking fluid around the 4 hydraulic quick-connects...

/ JD2320 Leaking fluid around the 4 hydraulic quick-connects... #1  

bill1369

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 2320
Hi All,

I noticed in the Fall that I had some red drippings coming from the 4 hydraulic quick-connects (not sure which one, or if more than one). The FEL was connected. Not huge puddles, just a couple of drips I noticed when I was parked. I didn't worry too much because I was taking the FEL off to put the front-attached Snowblower and would check to see if the leak still existed. After putting the 4 quick-connects on for the Snowblower, I didn't see anymore leaks (so I figured there was a funky connection with one of the FEL connects).

From Nov to this past weekend, I didn't notice any leaks from the quick-connects. (I keep the tractor in the garage and it is VERY easy to see the fluid on the floor, so that is why I am pretty confident it wasn't leaking with the blower on) But this weekend I took the snowblower off and put the FEL on. Now it looks like there is quite a bit of fluid leaking out :(:( I figured I had some dirt in them and I cleaned out one of them, but it is still leaking. They are all snapped in, but I noticed that when I "wiggle" them with my hand they leak a little out. This doesn't seem right.....but maybe this is how it always is and I just haven't noticed??

Sometime this week I am going to try to clean them all out.....but I was very frustrated to see the one that I cleaned out really good was still leaking. Nothing seems broken, and like I said above, the snowblower didn't appear to have any leaks.

Anyone have any experience with this and could offer some suggestions?

/ JD2320 Leaking fluid around the 4 hydraulic quick-connects... #2  
When you disconnect any hydraulic coupling, you should relieve any pressure by working the joystick several times. Every time I disconnect a hydraulic line, the female coupling always has a few drops in it so I wipe it out with a rag and either insert a line or insert the dust plug. Always keep the female and male ends clean and covered.

/ JD2320 Leaking fluid around the 4 hydraulic quick-connects...
Hi jsb2b,

Yes, I do move the stick around to relieve the pressure of the fluid. And yes, when I do take the connector off there is some fluid in the female connect that I wipe out.

But it appears that the fluid keeps leaking and leaking from the connection and this is more than the normal from disconnection of the male/female. I shouldn't have a dessert plate size puddle of hydraulic fluid every morning when I go check on the tractor under the quick-connects.

Just seems weird. I really hope it is dirt or something in there.......

/ JD2320 Leaking fluid around the 4 hydraulic quick-connects... #4  
It's definitely NOT normal...is it still under warranty?

/ JD2320 Leaking fluid around the 4 hydraulic quick-connects...
It has 180 Hours on it. Just got it in September of 2008. I would hope it is still under Warrenty :)

I am going to be doing the 200 Hr service myself soon. (This week / weekend) I am going to clean everything up and see if the leak goes away. If not, then I will have to call dealer :(

/ JD2320 Leaking fluid around the 4 hydraulic quick-connects... #6  
Hi All,

After putting the 4 quick-connects on for the Snowblower, I didn't see anymore leaks (so I figured there was a funky connection with one of the FEL connects).

From Nov to this past weekend, I didn't notice any leaks from the quick-connects.

Nothing seems broken, and like I said above, the snowblower didn't appear to have any leaks.

Shouldn't be leaking that much - but also hydraulic fluid - just a little bit will spread across the floor and look like a whole lot of fluid! :eek:

From your post - you may have diagnosed the problem. The FEL disconnects.. Are they leaking anywhere else; where the coupling connects with the hose?

Or you may just have a bad set; and your dealer can swap out with new ones.

Best of luck.

AKfish

/ JD2320 Leaking fluid around the 4 hydraulic quick-connects... #7  
I had this exact problem with my 2305. The dealer took it back and replaced the male fittings and the new ones leak as well. They don't leak right away but over time. It doesn't matter how much you try to relieve the pressure before you disconnect. I gave up pursuing it with the dealer....

/ JD2320 Leaking fluid around the 4 hydraulic quick-connects... #8  
Wow.... I've got the same problem and I figured that the leak was from the FEL black hose (at least on my 2305) at the tractor connection. I tried replacing the o ring at the hose connection but still leaks (drops but not continuous even when using the front loader). I'm thinking of trying to get feedback from the Service Dept. Now I'm going to replace the hydraulic coupler plug.

/ JD2320 Leaking fluid around the 4 hydraulic quick-connects... #9  
Kind of different, my four QCs for the loader leak only when the loader is off. Since I bought the loader used, I bought four new QCs from the JD dealer, still leak only when the loader is off.

By the way a JD 245 loader with an independent mid valve, cable operated joystick, QCs are mounted to the valve.

/ JD2320 Leaking fluid around the 4 hydraulic quick-connects... #10  
Just curious, Do you go check every morning for leaks, or are you that fond of your Deere that you just check on it everyday? Any way now that I've been a wise *** my 770 never leaked until I read this post. I went in to use it today and there was a puddle. At first I thought meleted snow but running my fingers through it I discovered I now have a dripper. Now I have to check mine.