Grading 3x20 & loader mount Deere blade

/ 3x20 & loader mount Deere blade #1  

tomd999

Platinum Member
Tractor
'10 3320 cab
Hiya,

Anyone running either the 72 or 84" Deere loader mount blade on a 3x20/300cx to plow snow? Can it plow in b range going up a good incline? Does it lift the front wheels while plowing heavy snow while in float?

The Deere dealer has a 3120 demo with a few hours and a 84" loader mount blade that he's looking to give me a sweet deal on to get it off his lot.

Tom

/ 3x20 & loader mount Deere blade #2  
I have a 790 with a 300 loader and a 72" FEL blade with 10 inch wings on each side. I can't answer your B question but it will lift the front wheels in float. You have to put a little of the blade weight on the front wheels and this can take constant adjustment if the road isn't level. I like the blade but it would be nice if you could float it. In 6" snow I can run my 790 in 3rd gear high range so the tractor handles it easily but the geometry of the loader arms lifts the front wheels if it is floating and my 790 needs the weight on the front wheels. Hopefully others will chime in, some here hate the blade others, like me, like it.

/ 3x20 & loader mount Deere blade #3  
I might add that on my 790 I don't feel that a rear mounted snow blower is an alternative because I only have two reverse gears, one really slow and one pretty fast. A front mounted blower would be nice but it is big bucks and I really want to be able to get my bucket on quickly. Given this I think the blade is my best option.

Last edited:
   / 3x20 & loader mount Deere blade #4  
I have the 84" snow push. It does not lift the front tires when in float. I love it. I plow in B range with all the power in the world. I run out of traction before power! I would rather have the 72", but it would have cost me 200 dollars more to order one. They really wanted to move this one in December-ish for some reason......

/ 3x20 & loader mount Deere blade #5  
I have the 84" snow push. It does not lift the front tires when in float. I love it. I plow in B range with all the power in the world. I run out of traction before power! I would rather have the 72", but it would have cost me 200 dollars more to order one. They really wanted to move this one in December-ish for some reason......

Are you plowing a paved or dirt road? On our dirt roads I've tried all kinds of blade tilts and skid positions and mine will eventually lift the front wheels.

/ 3x20 & loader mount Deere blade #6  
I have mounted a snow plow on my 3320 but it is not a Deere brand. This is a 7' truck plow that I mounted on my fork lift frame. I have only used it a couple of times and was able to push a full blade of dry snow with out a problem. I can not put any down pressure on the blade becuse I use a chain lift like the truck mount would have had. I keep the loader arms about 6" off the ground and slack in the chain. I run in B range on flat ground. You have to drive a long way to find a hill around here. The tractor will let you know when it is out of power or traction.

If you search other threads there are a lot of people who mount plows on their loader frames with mixed success.

Dan

Attachments

• Photo019.jpg
    Photo019.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 244
  • Photo021.jpg
    Photo021.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
   / 3x20 & loader mount Deere blade #7  
Are you plowing a paved or dirt road? On our dirt roads I've tried all kinds of blade tilts and skid positions and mine will eventually lift the front wheels.

I plow paved and stone. The snow push is different than a blade. It hooks directly to the loader like a bucket. Mine has a rubber cutting edge, and it has sides on the ends that stick straight forward almost 2 feet.

The combination of all that might be the difference. I have pushed some serious snow, upwards of 12" snow falls around. I cannot angle or get rid of any of the snow so I have to watch out how much I take. But i have had it start coming over the push and onto the hood:D:D

I use a ballast box, and the push is very heavy....

This is a tiny picture, but it looks like this...
al19_product.jpg

It would not be the ticket for a very long road, but it works great for our "yard" and around the barns....

/ 3x20 & loader mount Deere blade #8  
I plow paved and stone. The snow push is different than a blade. It hooks directly to the loader like a bucket. Mine has a rubber cutting edge, and it has sides on the ends that stick straight forward almost 2 feet.

The combination of all that might be the difference. I have pushed some serious snow, upwards of 12" snow falls around. I cannot angle or get rid of any of the snow so I have to watch out how much I take. But i have had it start coming over the push and onto the hood:D:D

I use a ballast box, and the push is very heavy....

This is a tiny picture, but it looks like this...
al19_product.jpg

It would not be the ticket for a very long road, but it works great for our "yard" and around the barns....

Thanks I missed that it was a snow push. My blade sticks out quite a bit to allow for it to angle so that might be part of the float problem.

/ 3x20 & loader mount Deere blade #9  
Thanks I missed that it was a snow push. My blade sticks out quite a bit to allow for it to angle so that might be part of the float problem.

I missed the push part as well. I have tried pushing snow with just the 5' bucket and have had the front come up. I just raise the bucket a little to keep weight on the front and not use the float. It will do the same trying to push a big load of rock or dirt.

Dan