Error code 08 on a 3320

/ Error code 08 on a 3320 #1  

GreatWhitehunter

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 110 TLB
Ok, so yesterday I take a few hours to change all the fluids and pm the tractor. In return it decides to throw an error code at me. So I look in my owners manual and don't find too much so I come to the oracle that is TBN and find a thread on code 08. So now I know what's bringing it in (throttle position sensor). But I refuse to pay the riduculas fee to buy the manual. It's out of warranty so I'm kind of stuck. Does anyone know if the cd-rom version is downloaded to you after purchase? Or do they mail it to you? Is anyone here with the manual interested in sharing just the info on that particular code and how to fix it? I don't mind spending a few bucks if I can avoid getting soaked. I know this sounds cheap but I've just spent way too much lately on the tractor lately and the wife's on the war path. Thanks

Matt:eek:

/ Error code 08 on a 3320 #2  
You can get the manual online off of Deere's website. Here it is.

OMLVU19809_J7

After reading the manual I found that it says to "contact the dealer" on how to fix the throttle position sensor.

/ Error code 08 on a 3320
I don't need the owners's manual I need the tech manual. It's $80 on cd or $149 in paper back. That's where the specific steps on how to identify and fix the problem.

Matt:confused:

/ Error code 08 on a 3320 #4  
But I refuse to pay the riduculas fee to buy the manual. It's out of warranty so I'm kind of stuck.

Matt, I'd have to dissagree with you...80 bucks for a service manual is a VERY reasonable price...
I'd say suck it up and go buy it, I know I love mine.

The CD Rom is handled like any other part you buy...Hit the parts counter, order it up and a few days later it arrives and you pick it up. I'm sure they can direct ship it to you if you're in a hurrry...I got mine on a stock order to save on the shipping..

/ Error code 08 on a 3320 #5  
My apologies then. I should have remembered you saying you already looked in your owners manual to find the error code, but then again you did only said "manual".

/ Error code 08 on a 3320 #6  
I have the same error and several other members as well. If I recall well it has to do with a throttle sensor but I can't find any such sensor anywhere on the parts list which would make it hard to fix even with the shop manual.

This error apparently disables some esoteric feature I never use but it's still a little annoying to have to cycle display mode to get rid of it every time I use the tractor. That and the apparently unfixable malfunctioning fuel gauge are the two most irritating annoyances on this otherwise fine tractor.

I'm a pretty stubborn fellow though, will continue to attempt fixing both issues :D

/ Error code 08 on a 3320 #7  
The following procedure sometimes worked on the older 10 series tractors, so is worth a try here. The throttle sensor is located on the right side of the engine. It is a black sensor with a wiring harness going to it. When you located it, try the following:

1. Pull the thottle control lever all the way back.
2. Turn the key switch to on (tractor doesn't have to be running).
3. Disconnect the harness from the throttle sensor and wait 5-10 seconds.
4. Plug it back in and wait 5-10 seconds.
5. Push the throttle handle all the way up, and wait 5-10 seconds.

If the throttle sensor hasn't moved way out of its acceptable range and it isn't damaged, this procedure will recalibrate the sensor and remove the error code.

If this doesn't work, then you will need some advice from the service manual which I don't have access to right know.

/ Error code 08 on a 3320 #8  
Thanks for the tip Roger, I will try it and keep you posted.

/ Error code 08 on a 3320 #9  
I have the same error and several other members as well. If I recall well it has to do with a throttle sensor but I can't find any such sensor anywhere on the parts list which would make it hard to fix even with the shop manual.

This error apparently disables some esoteric feature I never use but it's still a little annoying to have to cycle display mode to get rid of it every time I use the tractor. That and the apparently unfixable malfunctioning fuel gauge are the two most irritating annoyances on this otherwise fine tractor.

I'm a pretty stubborn fellow though, will continue to attempt fixing both issues :D

The sensor is directly above the engine oil filter. At least that is how the picture in the tech manual looks to me.

The actual calibration looks to be a little too complex to explain in a forum.

/ Error code 08 on a 3320 #10  
The sensor is directly above the engine oil filter. At least that is how the picture in the tech manual looks to me.

Thanks I think I found it. :)

Will take a closer look once it stops raining.