Best place for restoration parts?

/ Best place for restoration parts? #1  

carolinadozer

Tractor
John deere 2440
Can anyone direct me to the best places to get parts for a 2440? My tractor needs new gauges, lights, steering wheel, emblems, etc. I 'm trying to put together a game plan to start the restoration process and really want to start acquiring some parts and pieces. Not alot of mechanical work necessary, just looking to make it "shine" a little!!!

/ Best place for restoration parts? #2  
Green Magazine. Green Magazine - Online for John Deere enthusiasts There's a whole bunch of ads listing salvage yard's, restoration businesses, new part fabrication services, etc. etc.

Some great stuff.. for everything old and green! :D

Best of luck.

AKfish

/ Best place for restoration parts? #3  
Deere dealer. They should have most if not all you need for a (I'm guessing) mid 80's tractor.

/ Best place for restoration parts? #4  
My local JD dealer's money comes from industrial equipment sales, repairs and rentals. He rarely has an Ag machine on the lot. They handle residential landscaping, mowing machines a bit more than Ag equipment but not much there, either.

Part's inventory is pretty skinny for those equipment types as well.

So, depending upon the particular business focus of your dealer - he may or may not have parts for a 30 year old machine.

If not; try these guys (JD Dealer) from the pages of Green Magazine: RN Johnson Inc

AKfish

/ Best place for restoration parts? #5  
how bout tractorpartsasap.com

/ Best place for restoration parts? #6  
I think everything you need should be available at your dealer. Parts for a 2440 should be easy to obtain, all it takes is money. Nothing rare about these tractors. When you are ready for paint you may want to upgrade to Imron by DuPont but it isn't necessary though. When I got my older 820 ready to sell last month my helper and I waxed the 12 yr old enamel paint and it looked pretty good.

Steve