Older 314 Value?

/ Older 314 Value? #1  

jmt1271

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
Can anyone here with more experience offer me some advice?

Looking at a 1980 JD 314. One owner. Tractor is in very good overall condition. I drove it and it runs and cuts well. Will need an overhaul before much longer. Smokes upon startup pretty good, as soon as the engine comes up to speed, smoke stops until you crank it again.

Hydraulic lift deck and hydraulic 3 point hitch on back. Hydraulics are very strong. I stood on the 3 point (220 lbs) and when he pulled the lever it snapped me right up, no issues. Other than needing an overhaul eventually (apx price to get the overhaul? difficulty to DIY?) it seems good to go. Honestly, from my brief assessment, my guess is I could mow with it for a few seasons, as long as I keep the oil topped off. It also comes with a nice little cultivator, for what its worth.

Any rough estimates on value? The tractor according to the owner, and by appearance, has always been maintained and stored indoors. Thanks.

/ Older 314 Value? #2  
With out pictures and hours on the engine, I would think $700 to 1350 would be a fair price for that tractor. The 3-point would be nice to have on a handy little tractor. You could also look for prices at Weekend Freedom Machines

/ Older 314 Value?
The smoke upon startup was white. It clears up in a few seconds and doesnt return unless you lower and then raise the RPMs. Any chance it could be carb related?

If I have to overhaul it, how much would it cost if I pay someone? How difficult to DIY?

The 3 point is STOUT. Really want to get it. Think I can get it pretty cheap. Also, the paint looks good and spindles dont sound bad.

/ Older 314 Value? #4  
Bought a brand new one in 82 for $2000. with mower. Adapted a cub cadet snowblower to it selling it years later for the same price. From this point Jd had many price increases. Never had a problem with it, oh and JD financed the machine for six months at 0%.

/ Older 314 Value?
Picking it up tomorrow. Pics to follow. Planning on a full restore this fall.

/ Older 314 Value? #6  
What was the final price ??? or is it a secret?

/ Older 314 Value?
I paid $825. Tractor, deck, 3 point and an aftermarket cultivator.

/ Older 314 Value? #8  
Congratulations!! Good Price!!:)