Snow Snow Plow on 3000 Series

/ Snow Plow on 3000 Series #1  

Acolar

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 3520 eHydro, Cab
Has anyone installed a skid steer type plow on a JD 3000 Series. I see Bobcat makes a V-Plow and Boss has a plow for skid steer machines.

I am wondering if there is a physical adapter that would allow a skid steer plow to attach to the Deere.

Also in a V-Plow I guess your would need a source of hydraulics & controls to move the cylinders on the plow - is this possible with the joy stick in the cab and hose connections to the valve?

Newbee to JD

Thanks

T

/ Snow Plow on 3000 Series #2  
I have a frontier FEL plow on my 790/3005 that I like. I have hydraulic angle controlled off of a separate valve through my power beyond. I think the more expensive 3000 series have a 3rd valve that you can use with your joystick but I think you need a diverter to select it. There are many threads on this and I'm sure someone else will reply.

/ Snow Plow on 3000 Series #3  
Short answer, yes.

Deere offers a SS mounting system for the 300CX loader as well as the 3rd function hydraulic lines and connectors for the loader.

You would need both options for a hydraulic actuated SS plow.

However, there are other plow options besides the SS mount. Also, you can use a rear mounted 3rd SCV to provide hydraulic power to the front loader SCV instead of the joystick/diverter combo. Or another electo/hydraulic valve manufacturer (Fasse, etc.) to provide hydraulic power to the plow.

Quite a bit of information here on TBN regarding the numerous options/approaches that other TBN'ers implemented to utilize FEL mounted plows. A search of the hydraulic forum, and the owning/operating forum and possibly the attachment forum should provide you with many hours of reading...

Best of luck.

AKfish

/ Snow Plow on 3000 Series #4  
Akfish sure has that right, I read a ton before getting the 366 plow for my unit.

/ Snow Plow on 3000 Series
Nuru,

What is your plow setup specifics...

Thanks

/ Snow Plow on 3000 Series #6  
I have a frontier FEL plow on my 790/3005 that I like. I have hydraulic angle controlled off of a separate valve through my power beyond. I think the more expensive 3000 series have a 3rd valve that you can use with your joystick but I think you need a diverter to select it. There are many threads on this and I'm sure someone else will reply.

Just a followup on my plow. We had 2-3 ft of very heavy wet snow from Thursday through Saturday (yesterday) and my plow did just fine. I plowed much of the neighborhood and mine and my neighbors driveway many times. There were a few times when the tractor lost traction w/o chains but it is remarkable how much snow this tractor can push. There was one point when I had several SUV's following my plow. I went through almost 5 gallons of fuel which is more fuel then I have every used w/o refilling the tank. Couldn't get my tractor to my fuel tank because I couldn't get the gate open.