Tractor
    JD 3520 eHydro, Cab

Default Snow Plow on 3000 Series

Has anyone installed a skid steer type plow on a JD 3000 Series. I see Bobcat makes a V-Plow and Boss has a plow for skid steer machines.

I am wondering if there is a physical adapter that would allow a skid steer plow to attach to the deere.

Also in a V-Plow I guess your would need a source of hydraulics & controls to move the cylinders on the plow - is this possible with the joy stick in the cab and hose connections to the valve?

Newbee to JD

Thanks

T

Tractor
    3520 CAB

Default Re: Snow Plow on 3000 Series

I have a frontier FEL plow on my 790/3005 that I like. I have hydraulic angle controlled off of a separate valve through my power beyond. I think the more expensive 3000 series have a 3rd valve that you can use with your joystick but I think you need a diverter to select it. There are many threads on this and I'm sure someone else will reply.

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; Ford Ferguson 9N: JD X300R

Short answer, yes.

deere offers a SS mounting system for the 300CX loader as well as the 3rd function hydraulic lines and connectors for the loader.

You would need both options for a hydraulic actuated SS plow.

However, there are other plow options besides the SS mount. Also, you can use a rear mounted 3rd SCV to provide hydraulic power to the front loader SCV instead of the joystick/diverter combo. Or another electo/hydraulic valve manufacturer (Fasse, etc.) to provide hydraulic power to the plow.

Quite a bit of information here on TBN regarding the numerous options/approaches that other TBN'ers implemented to utilize FEL mounted plows. A search of the hydraulic forum, and the owning/operating forum and possibly the attachment forum should provide you with many hours of reading...

Best of luck.

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Elite Member

Akfish sure has that right, I read a ton before getting the 366 plow for my unit.
    Nuru
    JD 3520

Tractor
    JD 3520 eHydro, Cab

Nuru,

What is your plow setup specifics...

Thanks

Tractor
    3520 CAB

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    I have a frontier FEL plow on my 790/3005 that I like. I have hydraulic angle controlled off of a separate valve through my power beyond. I think the more expensive 3000 series have a 3rd valve that you can use with your joystick but I think you need a diverter to select it. There are many threads on this and I'm sure someone else will reply.
    Just a followup on my plow. We had 2-3 ft of very heavy wet snow from Thursday through Saturday (yesterday) and my plow did just fine. I plowed much of the neighborhood and mine and my neighbors driveway many times. There were a few times when the tractor lost traction w/o chains but it is remarkable how much snow this tractor can push. There was one point when I had several SUV's following my plow. I went through almost 5 gallons of fuel which is more fuel then I have every used w/o refilling the tank. Couldn't get my tractor to my fuel tank because I couldn't get the gate open.