4310 - Won't turn over

/ 4310 - Won't turn over #1  

CreekChub

Been cleaning up the yard today with my folks 4310. Runs all day, no problem. Turn it off and go in the house for a bit, and it won't turn over. Lights on the right side of the dash turn on, but nothing. PTO isn't engaged. I have a feeling this is something stupid, but what am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Edit:
When I turn the key on, headlights are full strength, and HST light comes on for a sec just like normal. Doesn't appear to be a battery issue.

Last edited:
   / 4310 - Won't turn over #2  
Gear shift lever, range selection in between ranges??

/ 4310 - Won't turn over
Hydro, so no gear shift lever. As it turns out I think it just overheated. My wife was putting around the yard in high gear... :mad: Anyway, I waited an hour and it fired up. Thanks!

/ 4310 - Won't turn over #4  
Good you got it going, don't know if an overheated tranny would prevent it from starting?

I almost never use high range unless on the road, once in a while if traveling far across the yard I'll use high.

JB.

/ 4310 - Won't turn over #5  
These things are almost impossible to overheat if everything is in place. My guess, possibly a switch or the whatchamacallit "thermistor" or whatever that has caused an issue for a few people on here.

/ 4310 - Won't turn over #6  
I had the same problem on my JD 770 recently.......it tuned out to be a cracked positive battery clamp. Would stay tight just enough to start then it would not. Replaced clamp and problem solved.

/ 4310 - Won't turn over #7  
Hydro, so no gear shift lever. As it turns out I think it just overheated. My wife was putting around the yard in high gear... :mad: Anyway, I waited an hour and it fired up. Thanks!
Not a good sign. An engine hot enuf to be stuck is not going to be in good shape even if it frees up when it cools.
larry

/ 4310 - Won't turn over #8  
I have a similar problem with my Kubota M9000. When the weather changes: spring and fall, it won't start. Battery checks out ok, but won't start. Turns out there is a film forming on the battery posts that won't allow enough current to pass. The lights work fine, but it won't start. I clean the posts lightly with a file and she fires right up

/ 4310 - Won't turn over #9  
Does the 4310 have temperature guages for both engine and transmission?
What kind of readings are you getting when it won't start?

I doubt it is an overheating problem but instead bad connections.

Steve

/ 4310 - Won't turn over #10  
I have a similar problem with my Kubota M9000. When the weather changes: spring and fall, it won't start. Battery checks out ok, but won't start. Turns out there is a film forming on the battery posts that won't allow enough current to pass. The lights work fine, but it won't start. I clean the posts lightly with a file and she fires right up

You need to invest $5 in a tube of dielectric grease;)