Tires 50 Series front rear tire balance

/ 50 Series front rear tire balance #1  

ArthurinC

I'm looking to buy a 40 or 50 series front wheel drive tractor and am wondering if the front on the 50 series can be disabled for highway use and if not can I oversize both front and rear. Estimated if the rims are 1/2 again as todays, I will cut road travel time by 22 hours, $1650/season at $75/hour.

/ 50 Series front rear tire balance #2  
Hard to understand your questions, please restate clearly your questions.
Specifics, we need them to answer.

Steve

/ 50 Series front rear tire balance
I've since determined there is an electrc toggle switch, taking with a clutch, the tractor out of front wheel drive, just as there is on the 40 series, but the 40 series is power assist and front to rear tire ratio not nearly as criticle.. We're purchasing 2 articulating tractors in the 30,40,50 or 60 series and adding larger tires all the way around!
I kid you not, one tractor that we are considering purchasing to run a baler has over 14,000 lbs of ballast in its 4 35.2/32" singles, almost the weight of the baler. Changing out the tires for the hay season is not an option, but a requirement.
Although in entirety the purchase of 8-10 tires, rims and possibly wheels (including that of the 40 or 50 series tractor) may seem expensive over the course of a few summers they will more than pay for themselves. If I knew the front to rear tire ratio, I might favor the purchase of the newer tractor, otherwise staying with the 40 series. We almost needn't the front wheel drive at all, except to carry rthe loader weight of a 2 ton 3 bale load placed on wagons. the tractor otherwise being used to cut hay.

Art

/ 50 Series front rear tire balance #4  
What kind of baler are you considering? Sounds like a 3 to 5 ton stack type.

I would think a large conventional row crop tractor would be cheaper to maintain. Something on the lines of a 7000 series comes to mind.

Steve