3rd Function Hydraulic Coupler Bracket

/ 3rd Function Hydraulic Coupler Bracket #1  

JasonMac

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3720 Cab Tractor
Is it possible if as many of you guys can, can post a picture of the bracket that holds the 2 couplers on for the 3rd function hydraulics... I've had trouble with my loader hoses since day one.. and of course I kept trying to tell my dealer that he is wrong on how they are mounted. Because I can't get my loader hoses to plug in to the couplers withe the 90 degree elbow pointing up, with the bracket mounted the way it is.. I think my 3rd function bracket is upside down... they think not.....

it has to be specifically a 3000 TWENTY CAB MACHINE!
Please help me fix this problem once and for all.... he has my machine there right now, and says it can't be done the way I think it needs to be done, because of the A/C hoses in the way etc..... I know I've seen it done the other way... and he thinks I'm crazy...

as of right now, only one of my loader hoses can plug in with the elbow pointing up, like it should... because of the 3rd function hydraulic bracket is in the way...

I need many pictures to prove how it is to be done..... just one machine won't do... I guess he wants many pics....

thanks Jason

/ 3rd Function Hydraulic Coupler Bracket #2  
Jason - how about posting a pic or two of your loader 3rd function mount?

Other users could benefit by understanding your problem better -- and owner's of 3000 series machines with the FEL SCV could also see immediately what the likely issue might be.

I would also believe that the design for the 300CX loader SCV mount is not that different from the 4000 series loaders; 400X and the 400CX.

Heck, it probably isn't that much different than the mounting configuration for my JD 110 TLB.

Let's see what's ya got...

AKfish

/ 3rd Function Hydraulic Coupler Bracket
Hi Akfish,

I would take a picture of my couplers but my machine is in the shop which is quite a ways away from me right now.

Yes, the 4000 series and the 3000 series are very different...

Also yes, it has to be the cab version pictures I show him because of clearance issues with the glass, and the radiator/Heat and A/C hoses... also the mounting posts the loader sits on are different than the open station tractors....

I need pictures of anyone who has Auxillary 3rd function hydraulics, to show me some pictures of how there 2 extra couplers are mounted in relation to the 4 primary loader hose couplers... I think my bracket is on upside down, because there is no clearance for my regular hoses to plug in the way they are supposed to.... 90degree elbows pointing up is the correct way..... see mine have to point down the because of interference with the 3rd function bracket..... so yes, must be a 3000 Twenty Cab machine...

thanks..

Jason

/ 3rd Function Hydraulic Coupler Bracket #4  
Send me $300 and change and I'll order it up, install it and send you pics... :D:D

On a serious note, I'm anxious to see pics myself...I've been planning on getting it eventually for my 3520 Cab/300cx....

/ 3rd Function Hydraulic Coupler Bracket #5  
Is it possible if as many of you guys can, can post a picture of the bracket that holds the 2 couplers on for the 3rd function hydraulics... I've had trouble with my loader hoses since day one.. and of course I kept trying to tell my dealer that he is wrong on how they are mounted. Because I can't get my loader hoses to plug in to the couplers withe the 90 degree elbow pointing up, with the bracket mounted the way it is.. I think my 3rd function bracket is upside down... they think not.....

it has to be specifically a 3000 TWENTY CAB MACHINE!
Please help me fix this problem once and for all.... he has my machine there right now, and says it can't be done the way I think it needs to be done, because of the A/C hoses in the way etc..... I know I've seen it done the other way... and he thinks I'm crazy...

as of right now, only one of my loader hoses can plug in with the elbow pointing up, like it should... because of the 3rd function hydraulic bracket is in the way...

I need many pictures to prove how it is to be done..... just one machine won't do... I guess he wants many pics....

thanks Jason

Hi Jason

Best I can do for you since I replaced the 3rd function bracket with the bracket for the diverter system on the right so I can plug the grapple lines into it without having to deal with loose lines when it was not needed. However the 3rd SVC bracket looked just like it but was narrower and only had one set of lines coming out of it.

Look in JDparts and there will be a diagram of the mounting for the 3rd SVC bracket. I have also attached a picture from the JDParts page to show you how it should mount.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 3rd SVC.gif
    3rd SVC.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 448
   / 3rd Function Hydraulic Coupler Bracket #6  
Hi Jason

Best I can do for you since I replaced the 3rd function bracket with the bracket for the diverter system on the right so I can plug the grapple lines into it without having to deal with loose lines when it was not needed. However the 3rd SVC bracket looked just like it but was narrower and only had one set of lines coming out of it.

Look in JDparts and there will be a diagram of the mounting for the 3rd SVC bracket. I have also attached a picture from the JDParts page to show you how it should mount.

Hope this helps.

he is looking for pictures of the front couplers-where the FEL plugs in.

/ 3rd Function Hydraulic Coupler Bracket #7  
he is looking for pictures of the front couplers-where the FEL plugs in.

Sorry 'bout that Kenny, when he said 3rd function I thought he meant the SVC. The loader hoses should be set up to to connect coming from the top not the bottom, as in the attached picture. When I received mine it was put together wrong and I had a heck of a time trying to get hooked up. I finally found the instructions in the loader manual.

Just caught my mistake again. Back to the barn for another pict. Will post it ASAP

Attachments

• 100_0348.JPG
    100_0348.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:
   / 3rd Function Hydraulic Coupler Bracket #8  
Sorry 'bout that Kenny, when he said 3rd function I thought he meant the SVC. The loader hoses should be set up to to connect coming from the top not the bottom, as in the attached picture. When I received mine it was put together wrong and I had a heck of a time trying to get hooked up. I finally found the instructions in the loader manual.

Just caught my mistake again. Back to the barn for another pict. Will post it ASAP

Here are two pictures of the connection of the 3rd function hoses. One from the back and one from the front. The one from the back is through the cab glass so it looks a little green. As you can see there are no 90 degree elbows in the lines. By the way, the bracket angles up from the points where it bolts onto the loader mast.

It sure sounds like the bracket is installed wrong. The 3rd function hoses should be well above the loader hoses and there is no interference at all. I installed the kit myself following the excellent directions that came with the kit. It could be easy to mix it up IF you don't read the directions and "think you know how it is done"

Attachments

• 100_0351.JPG
    100_0351.JPG
    356.6 KB · Views: 526
  • 100_0352.JPG
    100_0352.JPG
    364.8 KB · Views: 553
   / 3rd Function Hydraulic Coupler Bracket
Thank you GreenMtns! This is exactly the way I am trying to explain it to the service manager at the dealership that I deal with....

they had my bracket on upside down, opposite of yours... see how yours points UP and out of the way of the 4 lower couplers? They had mine pointing down, in the way of the lower couplers and kept telling me that is the way it is supposed to be.... I knew it wasn't supposed to be like that, because I couldn't plug in my regular loader hoses with the elbows pointing up with it the other way...

thank you very much....
I've emailed them your pictures for proof that I'm not crazy...

/ 3rd Function Hydraulic Coupler Bracket #10  
I'll bet the service managers hate the internet!!