4300 mid pto, I need it!

/ 4300 mid pto, I need it! #1  

dieselram

Gold Member
Tractor
2007 John Deere 3120 TLBM
I found a sweet deal on a new demo Commercial 60" deck for the older 4000 series compacts. It is covered with bird crap from being in a dealers barn but it has 15min. of run time, the guy went with a 72" instead. The problem I am having is finding a mid pto kit for it. It is a '99 or '00 4300 and the dealer says they can't get it. Help me find one!

/ 4300 mid pto, I need it! #2  
Keep an eye out on ebay. I bought one two years ago. It's not too hard to install, but you do need to dig into the trans and take the back cover off, remove a few caps, etc.

Wayne

/ 4300 mid pto, I need it! #3  
Keep an eye out on ebay. I bought one two years ago. It's not too hard to install, but you do need to dig into the trans and take the back cover off, remove a few caps, etc.

Wayne

Yeah, and use GOOD sealant the first time;)

I helped Wayne install his on the 4400-it's really not hard at all.

/ 4300 mid pto, I need it! #4  
The problem I am having is finding a mid pto kit for it. It is a '99 or '00 4300 and the dealer says they can't get it. Help me find one!

I wonder how much different the mid-pto kit for the later series 10's would be..?

I think I'd check with the dealer (or several) and see if they've ever "cross-matched" something like that from a newer machine (2003) to an older model.

AKfish

/ 4300 mid pto, I need it! #5  
I wonder how much different the mid-pto kit for the later series 10's would be..?

It's different. The 00 series was a funk transmission and the 10 sereis was kanzaki transmission. I remember digging around in the shed at the dealership and there was a mid pto kit for a double ot sereis but I can't remember if it was for a mid frame or large frame tractor. If you haven't had any luck by monday I look for you.

/ 4300 mid pto, I need it! #6  
Yeah, and use GOOD sealant the first time;)

I helped Wayne install his on the 4400-it's really not hard at all.

Not hard at all... But a bit scary pulling the heart out of my baby! In retrospect, not a big deal as long as you don't mind looking at the inside of your trans!

Wayne

Attachments

• IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    886.7 KB · Views: 350
   / 4300 mid pto, I need it! #7  
Dieselram:

If your dealer is worth a darn, get him to use his computer that can locate kits and parts at other dealers.

That's how I obtained my 4th & 5th SCV kit for my 4200; but I had to beat on the dealer to look nationwide via his PC.

Give Schweissguth Equipment in Missouri a call/email as that is where I got my 3rd SCV kit from. They were more helpful and responsive than my two local dealers.

/ 4300 mid pto, I need it! #8  
Not hard at all... But a bit scary pulling the heart out of my baby! In retrospect, not a big deal as long as you don't mind looking at the inside of your trans!

Wayne

So that's what my girlfriend's guts looks like. That's what my wife calls my tractor.

/ 4300 mid pto, I need it! #9  
So that's what my girlfriend's guts looks like. That's what my wife calls my tractor.

Well... I was thinking more like - Cool, ain't "tractor ****" great!! :D :D

AKfish

/ 4300 mid pto, I need it!
Nope, dealer can't find one! All the parts by themselves cost 1,400!