Mowing Mower Decks and Surprises

/ Mower Decks and Surprises #1  

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 3520
I was getting ready to put the 7-Iron Deck on my 3520 last week so I could start the spring mowing. I had the loader on the tractor so I thought I would pick it up and grease it before I put it on. I keep it outside on a pallet under a tarp because my shed is full at the moment. I was greasing one of the spindles and when the grease gun came off the grease zerk came off with it. So I decided to take the plastic covers off so I could get to the spindle better. I took the last clip and thumbscrew off and when I turned to lay them down a snake about five feet long fell on my boot. Needless to say immediate panic took hold. I grabbed a shovel nearby and cut his head off. I realized later it was a harmless black snake but by then it was too late. I thought no one would believe this so I hung the snake on my fence for all the world to see. My wife didn't see the humor so I had to take him down after a day. I was really glad I found him this way and not when I was laying on my back hooking up the PTO or the lift arms on the deck. I will guarantee that from now on I will positively check under the covers for any and all critters.

/ Mower Decks and Surprises #2  
Thanks for the chuckle,and the relief it was not me!!

/ Mower Decks and Surprises #3  
Well that just gave me the ebgb's